We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Consultation dragging on

Options
The company I work for was bought by a larger firm last year, and in May they started a 90 day consultation as the site might have been (is) closing down. In most cases, roles will be redundant within the 90 days, however in my case my role will be redundant in October (they have not yet confirmed this, but that's a fact).

This means that the 90 day consultation will have passed and I will still not have a confirmed decision regarding my proposed redundancy - is this allowed? Do hey have to start the consultation process over again for me?

Thanks

Lapchien

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Consultation is a process that needs to be meaningfull.

It can go on longer than 90 days and could be less(even when there are a lot of people) if there is concensus that everything has been considered.

If not happy consult, ask what is going on and being done to minimise the impact they should tell you why they cannot tell you when you will be terminated or what is still being considered.

They can set a date any time in the future(And should tell you) or decide you are not redundant then they would have to start again.

If they have not given notice yet then you just get paid more money

when does your service give you another year?
  • Lapchien
    Lapchien Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    September. It looks like they need me until October, so I should be fine for that. However, I don't think it's 'fair' to drag things on, the consultation is not really meaningful for me :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport