🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI reclaiming

Options
hi
i wonder if anybody out there can help me!
my husband has a LloydsTSB CC which in dec 09 found out that he was paying PPI (as informed by helpline staff) he then applied to get the money back, after a couple of months he got a letter from them saying that they would uphold his claim and offer to settle which is in line with the FOS, and that the refund figure will only be processed when they receive his signed acceptance. he signed the form and after several phone calls and several months later he received a letter saying that he only had PPI for 3 weeks (Feb 04 to March 04) and that no refund is due and they have closed his complaint and if there is any other evidence to support his case they would investigate this matter further.
My question is should we pursue this any further (if so how??? what evidence do we need???) or should we accept their findings????
Please help.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    frizz64 wrote: »
    hi
    i wonder if anybody out there can help me!
    my husband has a LloydsTSB CC which in dec 09 found out that he was paying PPI (as informed by helpline staff) he then applied to get the money back, after a couple of months he got a letter from them saying that they would uphold his claim and offer to settle which is in line with the FOS, and that the refund figure will only be processed when they receive his signed acceptance. he signed the form and after several phone calls and several months later he received a letter saying that he only had PPI for 3 weeks (Feb 04 to March 04) and that no refund is due and they have closed his complaint and if there is any other evidence to support his case they would investigate this matter further.
    My question is should we pursue this any further (if so how??? what evidence do we need???) or should we accept their findings????
    Please help.

Hi there

I would request for a Subject Access Request (SAR), they have 40 days to comply and send everything they hold on the account.
    You have to enclose £10 cheque or postal order for this request.
    SAR template letter here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

And if there are any credit card statements, the insurance of what he was paying would be shown, these should be on the monthly statements.

If you find out then there are even more than 3 weeks, I would write back and tell them that, tell them the complaint on this was originally upheld, where now you believe due to being let down, that it was not investigated properly, explain the acceptance was even signed.

Also tell them the FSA are punishing banks for not investigating complaints properly and if you take the complaint as far as the FOS where they may possibly uphold in your favour then further charges will apply to them, and you will also request for further redress for distress and inconvenience in this matter.

You could though now ring the FOS an explain the situation and see what they say as well.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

Good luck, please keep us posted.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 8:22PM
    Options
    see Di you dont trust the banks either, you must spend a lot of your day helping people on here. 27000 posts (i dont know how to do a shocked face but if i did it would be here)

anyway i hope the people appreciate the help :)
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Andy_Boro wrote: »
    see Di you dont trust the banks either, you must spend a lot of your day helping people on here. 27000 posts (i dont know how to do a shocked face but if i did it would be here)

anyway i hope the people appreciate the help :)

:eek: how's that?

LOL........:o:D

Everyone are amazing on here.:T

Good luck with yours as well.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income