Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Findmypast is FREE during every England World Cup Game

New Post Advanced Search

Findmypast is FREE during every England World Cup Game

edited 15 June 2010 at 7:05PM in Freebies (no spend required)
48 replies 10.7K views
revpeachyrevpeachy Forumite
276 posts
edited 15 June 2010 at 7:05PM in Freebies (no spend required)
www.findmypast.co.uk/world-cup.jsp?utm_source=FB&utm_content=120610&utm_campaign=WorldCup120610

If you're not football mad, there is something else to do during the World Cup – make it your goal to research your family history.
You can view all the records* on findmypast for free during every England World Cup match – all you need to do is register.
How it works:
  • 30 minutes before kick-off we'll stop charging for 3 hours, which should give you plenty of time to explore what we have to offer.
  • To get ready, make sure you've registered as you'll need to sign in to view the records. If you need help, take a look at our handy Getting Started guide and our video tutorials.
When England play, you don't pay!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Replies

• bethesdabethesda Forumite
    539 posts
    'All records available using our Full subscription (including the 1911 Census) will be free: Living Relatives searches and Memorial scrolls are not included '

thanks op even i have a reason to hope england do well now:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • LyndaHLyndaH Forumite
    75 posts
    Thanks, great find. Means I can sit with laptop and do some research while other half watches the games.
    :j Survey sites are boring but points add up if you persist with it - Great way to save up for xmas! Quidco is brill, watching the money pile up. Every penny counts !! :T
  • hethmarhethmar Forumite
    10.7K posts
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not football mad, there is something else to do during the World Cup – make it your goal to research your family history.
    You can view all the records* on findmypast for free during every England World Cup match – all you need to do is register.
    How it works:
    • 30 minutes before kick-off we'll stop charging for 3 hours, which should give you plenty of time to explore what we have to offer.
    • To get ready, make sure you've registered as you'll need to sign in to view the records. If you need help, take a look at our handy Getting Started guide and our video tutorials.
    When England play, you don't pay!
  • There's also a link on their home page for a free 14 day trial. Now i can't decide which to opt for! Why is life so complicated?
  • sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • mrsowmrsow Forumite
    177 posts
    Thanks, at least Ive got something to do whilst OH is watching the football
    Back on the moneysaving wagon:T:j:T
  • That's made my day! ...and if I don't finish during England matches, I will then sign up to the 14 day trial!!
  • That's made my day! ...and if I don't finish during England matches, I will then sign up to the 14 day trial!!
    But you'll already be registered due to taking the England offer. That's why I said i didn't know which to go for.
  • LittleVoiceLittleVoice Forumite
    8.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    bcl999 wrote: »
    But you'll already be registered due to taking the England offer. That's why I said i didn't know which to go for.
    Seems to me 14 days of 24 hours a day - so that you can decide when in those days you use the service - is a longer time than odd hours during a few football matches. I'd go for the 14 days if I had to choose.
  • thanks for this ! I have compiled a list of 'look-ups'
    Bow Ties ARE cool :cool:

"Just because you are offended, doesnt mean you are right" Ricky Gervais :D