Findmypast is FREE during every England World Cup Game

Options
revpeachy
revpeachy Posts: 276 Forumite
edited 15 June 2010 at 7:05PM in Freebies (no spend required)
www.findmypast.co.uk/world-cup.jsp?utm_source=FB&utm_content=120610&utm_campaign=WorldCup120610

If you're not football mad, there is something else to do during the World Cup – make it your goal to research your family history.
You can view all the records* on findmypast for free during every England World Cup match – all you need to do is register.
How it works:
  • 30 minutes before kick-off we'll stop charging for 3 hours, which should give you plenty of time to explore what we have to offer.
  • To get ready, make sure you've registered as you'll need to sign in to view the records. If you need help, take a look at our handy Getting Started guide and our video tutorials.
When England play, you don't pay!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• bethesda
    bethesda Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    'All records available using our Full subscription (including the 1911 Census) will be free: Living Relatives searches and Memorial scrolls are not included '

thanks op even i have a reason to hope england do well now:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • LyndaH
    LyndaH Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, great find. Means I can sit with laptop and do some research while other half watches the games.
    :j Survey sites are boring but points add up if you persist with it - Great way to save up for xmas! Quidco is brill, watching the money pile up. Every penny counts !! :T
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    If you're not football mad, there is something else to do during the World Cup – make it your goal to research your family history.
    You can view all the records* on findmypast for free during every England World Cup match – all you need to do is register.
    How it works:
    • 30 minutes before kick-off we'll stop charging for 3 hours, which should give you plenty of time to explore what we have to offer.
    • To get ready, make sure you've registered as you'll need to sign in to view the records. If you need help, take a look at our handy Getting Started guide and our video tutorials.
    When England play, you don't pay!
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    There's also a link on their home page for a free 14 day trial. Now i can't decide which to opt for! Why is life so complicated?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mrsow
    mrsow Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, at least Ive got something to do whilst OH is watching the football
    Back on the moneysaving wagon:T:j:T
  • Walled_City_Womble
    Options
    That's made my day! ...and if I don't finish during England matches, I will then sign up to the 14 day trial!!
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    That's made my day! ...and if I don't finish during England matches, I will then sign up to the 14 day trial!!
    But you'll already be registered due to taking the England offer. That's why I said i didn't know which to go for.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bcl999 wrote: »
    But you'll already be registered due to taking the England offer. That's why I said i didn't know which to go for.
    Seems to me 14 days of 24 hours a day - so that you can decide when in those days you use the service - is a longer time than odd hours during a few football matches. I'd go for the 14 days if I had to choose.
  • mishkanorman
    mishkanorman Posts: 4,155 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for this ! I have compiled a list of 'look-ups'
    Bow Ties ARE cool :cool:

"Just because you are offended, doesnt mean you are right" Ricky Gervais :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income