We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Made Redundant on Maternity Leave

Options
Hi all,

Sadly the company I worked for has gone into administration and as a result I have been made redundant. I have been on maternity leave since November last year (my son was born in December).

My question is, am I entitled to payment in lieu of notice if I am on maternity leave? I have received redundancy payment (capped at £380 for each year worked - I was with the company for 5+ years) and payment for untaken holiday.

I understand that I will receive an RP2 form when my statutory notice period is up - is my statutory notice period the same as my contractual notice period (which was 3 months).

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Jenny

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Stat notice will be 5 weeks(1week per year).

if you are getting any maternity payments then this may effect the compensation for lack of notice.

Did they accrue the holiday while on maternity?

Have you read this

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/guidanceleafletspdf/guideforemployees.pdf
  • jennyokay
    Options
    Thank you, I hadn't seen that leaflet, it's very useful. It looks like I am entitled to 5 weeks pay capped as per redundancy pay, less the statutory maternity pay I will receive once my claim is dealt with. My holiday was accrued and I received payment for this directly from the administrators, thankfully.

Thanks again for your help.

Jenny
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills