We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
need benefit advice pls
lynne1307
Posts: 69 Forumite
Hi,
can anyone offer advice please.
I am being made redundant at the end of July
Have received a payout through compromise agreeement and have letter from employer stating redundancy.
I will have with savings and severance which i will use to live on whilst i look for another job
Are there any benefits I can claim, is JSA means tested? I may as well claim while I can.
thanks
Lynne
can anyone offer advice please.
I am being made redundant at the end of July
Have received a payout through compromise agreeement and have letter from employer stating redundancy.
I will have with savings and severance which i will use to live on whilst i look for another job
Are there any benefits I can claim, is JSA means tested? I may as well claim while I can.
thanks
Lynne
0
Comments
-
Hi
If you have paid enough NI contributions in the last three years you can claim contribution based JSA. Its not means tested and it doesn't matter if you have a partner who is working. Its paid for 28 weeks at a flat rate (was £64.30 but went up in April)The Cabbage
Its Advice - Take it or Leave it:D0 -
thank you for the reply0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards