Has any used deltatronics.co.uk site to purchase?

Options

Comments

• jackb7
    jackb7 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Wow... thanks for the heads up..

I found the price they were quoting was very competitive and ordered a mouse from their website and received nothing.

I then went through the contact us section and again had no reply.

I started getting a bit curious and did a search and came across this post.

As a result I am cancelling my card.

NB I also found that the website is created using an open source piece of software. (ie. it's free)

Thank you.. and be warned - NO ONE buy from deltatronics.co.uk and Tim Walker !
  • simon.griggs
    Options
    Hi jgallcash,

As one contributor has said already, the Deltratronics site uses an Open Source webshop, which is useful for those of us who run a business. It is unusual to get something for free in this game.

However, as another contributor has pointed out, there are no valid contact details, and the site owner has chosen to be removed from the WHOIS listing for his domain. This would set alarm bells ringing for me. Now the best bit, is the fact that there is no company in the name of Deltatronics listed at Companies House, so as others have advised, I would steer well clear of this one.

Simon.
  • lucy_p_2
    lucy_p_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I was about to use their website to get a couple of items that seemed to have prices that were "too good to be true" so I googled the name first and found this thread.
    The items I was looking to purchase had lots of customer reviews, but when I read them, I realised that they were the exact same reviews written by the exact same people that I had just read on Amazon.
    They seem to be just copying and pasting genuine amazon reviews to make their site look more genuine.
    Thanks again
    Lucy
  • reesfolk
    reesfolk Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I have just ordered some inkjet printer cartridges from this company. The price was way below everyone else but I also found their website annoying. On the 'Terms & Conditions" they state that delivery is free to UK buyers but I was charged £5 at checkout. Also, the only options I was given for payment was Cash on Delivery or Cheque. The e.mail confirmation stated that the items would be sent out on receipt of my cheque - however I couldn't find an address anywhere to send the cheque! I have e.mailed them on both these issues with no reply so far and having come across this forum today, I will obviously not be continuing with my purchase. Very Bad!
  • McNulty
    McNulty Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    If you are having trouble with deltatronics report them to consumer direct or trading standards
  • ginnipig
    Options
    I ordered 5 items from them and when I went to checkout, was diverted to AMAZON where each item was placed with 5 different sellers, each charging postage. One was £9 for £2 of goods. You cannot cancel because the choice disappears straight away. Amazon remain silent when asked bout this scam, no doubt because they earn commission? I wont use Deltatonics or Amazon again. This must be a fraud?

Stay away from them! Amazon should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ginnipig wrote: »
    I ordered 5 items from them and when I went to checkout, was diverted to AMAZON where each item was placed with 5 different sellers, each charging postage. One was £9 for £2 of goods. You cannot cancel because the choice disappears straight away. Amazon remain silent when asked bout this scam, no doubt because they earn commission? I wont use Deltatonics or Amazon again. This must be a fraud?

Stay away from them! Amazon should be ashamed of themselves.

amazon aren't scamming anyone, the originally website is/was, but now it sounds like they're redirecting you to amazon prob via associate links (it'll be deltratonics getting commission not the other way around). Shouldn't automatically charge you though, there should be/is usually an extra screen at least when a site puts you through to amazon showing the final prices/postage/postage options and the options to checkout/alter your order.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Il_Magnifico
    Options
    You might be amused to do a Google on "235 Earls Court Road". Then click on the Mail Boxes Etc link

(sorry, I would have posted you the link but it seems as a new user this isn't permitted)
  • 23n1th
    23n1th Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    Options
    jackb7 wrote: »
    NB I also found that the website is created using an open source piece of software. (ie. it's free)

I'm a little confused as to the website being created by opensource software "(ie. its free)" has to do with anything!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    23n1th wrote: »
    I'm a little confused as to the website being created by opensource software "(ie. its free)" has to do with anything!:rotfl::rotfl:

and/or the assumption that opensource=scammers :mad:
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills