🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

old store card

Options
boundy
boundy Posts: 187 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi, about 5 years ago I took out a Halfords deal to buy some new push bikes. The deal we took was, pay a 10% deposit and 10 equal payments to clear the balance with no interest to pay. The bikes were payed for after the 10 installments and I cut up the card they gave me. Now, thinking back, it looks like they didn't just give me the bikes on credit but acturley set up a store card. After the balance was cleared I just cut the card up, as I ashumed the agreement ended.

After 5 years would this account be closed?
Should I now try and close it?

Comments

• CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If it's still open then I'd close it. Check your credit report and see if it's listed. If it is then it'll have contact details for Halfords if you need it. If you don't have your account number then you'll need to put your request in writing to them so they can trace your account and close it for you.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport