Great 'Father's Day' Hunt

Former_MSE_Lee
Former_MSE_Lee Posts: 343 Forumite
Great Father's Day Hunt

Show your dad how much you care with some gifts from the heart this year - just spend as little as possible on them.

We want tips 'n' tricks on how to treat your dad on a budget, may it be through making the present yourself, writing him a song, making him a nice home-cooked meal or whatever, help us uncover other cheap ways to show how much you care.

Hit reply to discuss

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Comments

• A couple of years ago, I made my Dad a thank you jar and he loved it so much he still dips into it now if he's feeling down. I used a jar with a kilner-style lid and filled it with 100 multi-coloured slips of paper, each with a thank you to my Dad on it. They ranged from, "Thank you for removing spiders from my bedroom when I was little" to "Thank you for loving my kids" and "Thank you for counting to ten first when I bumped the car!"

Anyway, you get the idea. We rarely say thank you for the little things and as I thought about all the things my Dad has done over the years, I found I had lots of thank yous owing. Better to say them now than to leave it until it's too late.

Mine cost a couple of pounds as I went for a spotty jar, but you can get some nice glass ones from Ikea for about a pound at the moment.
  • scrivette
    scrivette Posts: 201 Forumite
    My Dad doesnt like us to spend any money on him on Fathers Day, so I always make him a card and a cake which he appreciates.
  • auchterarder
    auchterarder Posts: 103 Forumite
    hi all

i posted this deal a while back about half price products i had found for father's day.

www.ktwoproducts.com are doing lots of half price products for father's day. vehicle document files that stores all car documets was my fave find and 1 of the designs is 1/2 price in sale. also if you join their facebook page or like them then you can get further discount on this! :money:it's free delivery over £20 too, so team up with ur friends and buy ur prezzies at once to save even more money!
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Any free or dirt cheap cards around? (no ecards) ard Factory has them only at 60p or so and that is too much for me to spend.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Home bargains are doing fathers day cards at the moment and you can make the beaded keyrings on this board for really cheap just put his name or 'dad' :)
    May: HTC HD2 Smartphone, Rimmel summer goodie bag, Koala Bear, So?...Deodrant, Bic Razor, where the wild thing are DVD, Puddle Puppy, falsies mascara, benefit badgal mascara, jergan naturals moisteriser, puppy goody bag :)
  • I'll be making my dad a fruit cake as it's his fave!

But www.bighugelabs.com offers some good alternatives if your dad's not a cake-lover - motivational posters, mock magazine covers, etc. where you can upload your own photos and captions. All free, all great fun.

I've posted more ideas on my blog if you need inspiration. I'm not a fan of the mug/cufflinks/DVD option so have enjoyed searching around for free stuff - look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with here :o)
  • Paulapudsey
    Paulapudsey Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 11 June 2010 at 10:07PM
    Hi,

My daughter and I have just started a small business making personalised gifts and one of the best sellers is our Fathers Day Keyrings starting at £5.50. We are trying to make unique items that are affordable, and therefore money saving, for everyone.

As a newcomer I am not allowed to put links but our company name is Letters-With-Love it is uk not com.

You can always give me a ring on 0113 2574813, I will post to anywhere in the UK.

My daughter always makes her own cards and Dad loves them.

Cheers,
    Paula :j
  • samanthalvsben
    samanthalvsben Posts: 340 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2010 at 1:19PM
    as im told your not allowed to advertise yourself on here
    May: HTC HD2 Smartphone, Rimmel summer goodie bag, Koala Bear, So?...Deodrant, Bic Razor, where the wild thing are DVD, Puddle Puppy, falsies mascara, benefit badgal mascara, jergan naturals moisteriser, puppy goody bag :)
  • Berni888
    Berni888 Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Post
    Reverbe wrote: »
    Any free or dirt cheap cards around? (no ecards) ard Factory has them only at 60p or so and that is too much for me to spend.

Just been notified in the weekly email.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2490449&page=1&pp=20
  • kazzieg
    kazzieg Posts: 220 Forumite
    Reverbe wrote: »

got two fathers day cards from home bargains yesterday for 39p each , price marked at 3.50

Cards have items with them also,one has a medallion saying best dad, one had an air freshener , one had a flashing keyring, and one had a built in radio.

Bargain!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport