New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Number of viewings in May

edited 2 June 2010 at 8:10PM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
17 replies 1.4K views
tyllwydtyllwyd Forumite
5.5K posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 2 June 2010 at 8:10PM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Not very scientific, but we had one single solitary viewing in May, which is pretty dismal, so I'd be interested to see how everyone else got on ....

PS You can choose more than one option, so if you had viewings and an offer, let us know!

How many viewings did you get in May? 49 votes

None
38% 19 votes
One
14% 7 votes
Two
10% 5 votes
Three
4% 2 votes
Four or more
16% 8 votes
And I got an offer!
16% 8 votes

Replies

• sonastinsonastin Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Not sure whether to check the "offer" box because it was withdrawn 10 days later :mad:

And the 2nd viewer wants it but has to sell first.

So the good news is people want to buy my house. The bad news is that they can't. :cool:
  • tyllwydtyllwyd Forumite
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    sonastin wrote: »
    So the good news is people want to buy my house. The bad news is that they can't. :cool:

Sending my sympathy!

I'm surprised so far, with nine results there seems to have been more going on in May than I'd expected. Anyone else to vote?
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be great to get a few more votes, if anyone else is reading ....
  • MalystryxMalystryx Forumite
    41 posts
    have just voted. Only had 2 viewings on our flat in April when it first went on the market and since then nothing. Not even a sniff of interest. This is starting to do our head in as we have to move into a new house in 3 weeks time. Times are really slow and now we are wondering if anyone is going to buy our flat!!
    Have been DEBT FREE for 4 years and staying that way :T
  • princessamy86princessamy86 Forumite
    4.9K posts
    EA point of view: 74 houses on the books at the moment. 56 viewings in April. 27 in May. Very very quiet!
    Scar tissue that I wish you saw, sarcastic mister know it all, close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause with the birds I'll share this lonely view.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting - out of 18, a third of people haven't had any viewings at all in May, but a third have received an offer. Still (assuming that this is a representative sample of course which it probably isn't), if a third of the properties on estate agent's books haven't had even one person come to view in a month, that's surely got to be a sign that things are pretty slow.
  • princessamy86princessamy86 Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Well we were down on sales as well in May. Only got 3 instead of the usual 6 and tying them up was like getting blood out of a stone. We just don't have as many potential buyers as usual, and a lot aren't able to get the finance when we check them out more closely than taking their word for it.
    Scar tissue that I wish you saw, sarcastic mister know it all, close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause with the birds I'll share this lonely view.
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    EA point of view: 74 houses on the books at the moment. 56 viewings in April. 27 in May. Very very quiet!

Thanks, its interesting to hear that from an independent point of view! Of course you realise that according to the received wisdom on the board, 64% of the properties on your books must therefore be overpriced ...
  • poppysarahpoppysarah Forumite
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we were down on sales as well in May. Only got 3 instead of the usual 6 and tying them up was like getting blood out of a stone. We just don't have as many potential buyers as usual, and a lot aren't able to get the finance when we check them out more closely than taking their word for it.

I'm interested in buying at the moment - but seen so little movement on prices I can't be bothered booking viewings. I'm only going to upset people by offering what I consider to be a sensible price.
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes - we've got a lot of new independent estate agents that have started up since the big agencies closed down a few years ago, and I can't help wondering if they are going to be struggling in a few months time if things don't improve.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support