🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Littlewoods Credit Account

Options
Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct section to post.

Our old television is on it's way out and was looking to buy a new one.

Thought I would give Littlewoods a go as I could pay over 52 weeks interest free.

I have created an account online and have gone through all the credit agreement stuff and placed an order.

They have given me initial credit of £750.

Only thing is that the order has been sat there for 2 days with a status of 'Order being processed' when it should have been delivered today.

Does this mean I have been refused credit?

I haven't received any emails from them at all.

Comments

• stuartmck
    stuartmck Posts: 260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Best thing you can do is call & ask them. Could just be that the TV's out of stock.
    In need of a new signature! :rotfl:
  • tea690
    tea690 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    they get a bit funny with large orders first off...best thing to do is hold of the tele for a while and build the account with small purchases
  • SideShowBob
    SideShowBob Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2010 at 1:13PM
    Options
    Only thing is that I haven't had any correspondance from them.

No registration email, no order confirmation, nothing.

If I had an email that said I had been refused credit then fine. Just not hearing anything is frustrating.

I will have to wait until I get home from work to call.
  • HopeAndDriftWood
    HopeAndDriftWood Posts: 2,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could send an email?
    If you can log in and it shows as having a credit limit, I don't think you've been declined.

Most of the 'large' items I've bought from Littlewoods come from the manufacturers directly, is this the case with your TV? Because Littlewoods will give you a date for delivery, but it'll actually come whenever you arrange with the manufacturer, who usually rings the day after you order.

If it is coming directly from Littlewoods, does it change to 'out for delivery' at any point in the day? And is the TV still orderable? I'd sent an account query and see what they say. They are usually pretty fast in responding.

HTH :)

Edit: Just noticed no order confirmation. Hmm. I get one with everything I order...it's automatic. Maybe phoning would be better...does it show as fine on order tracking? Not declined, or Unavailable?
    Signature down for maintenance :rotfl:
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only thing is that I haven't had any correspondance from them.

No registration email, no order confirmation, nothing.

If I had an email that said I had been refused credit then fine. Just not hearing anything is frustrating.

I will have to wait until I get home from work to call.

Don't worry, you will soon be receiving plenty of catalogues and junk mail.

They will be making further checks on the information that you have supplied before they send out a TV on the basis of an email........
  • mnomis
    mnomis Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    tea690 wrote: »
    they get a bit funny with large orders first off...best thing to do is hold of the tele for a while and build the account with small purchases

Not strictly true, we ordered a washing machine on first order, using the 12 months interest free and it was delivered in 10 days.
    Capital one £200 - bal nil. Aqua £350 - bal nil
    Vanquis limit [STRIKE]£250[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£750[/STRIKE] £1250 - bal £450. Nat West overdraft limit - £300, unused. JD Willaims limit [STRIKE]£400 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE] £600 [/STRIKE] £900 - bal £90.
    Very limit £400 - balance £329 (buy now pay 2011!)
  • jimbms
    jimbms Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Options
    Is it Littlewoods or Very as they are technically the same but have different conditions, anyway it is quite common for items such as TV sets to show this as they dispatch in batches as they don't stock them and get them direct from manufacturers, try ringing them and say you was hoping to get it quicker as they usualy give you a discount on your next order if you do, last one I got was 20% which worked out great as I was about to order a £1500 TV
    Approach her; adore her. Behold her; worship her. Caress her; indulge her. Kiss her; pleasure her. Kneel to her; lavish her. Assert to her; let her guide you. Obey her as you know how; Surrender is so wonderful! For Caroline my Goddess.
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    Options
    Basically, they'll be running some checks just to ensure this isn't a fraudulent transaction. The problem with Littlewoods, Very and other Shop Direct style companies is that to encourage business they'll give pretty much anybody a credit account without running any sort of check and when somebody decides to use their credit to make a large purchase from the off they have to investigate it.

Give them a call to check on the order but you should be okay. I joined Littlewoods Direct a couple of years back (now Very) and was given a similar credit limit which initially I used to order some clothes but then decided to take advantage of an offer and bought a laptop and a mobile phone. The clothes arrived on time but the other two items were over a week late and when I called to check on them I was informed they had been passed over to a department for verification. It was a basic fraud check.

To be honest, from what I have heard, they find it strange when people don't call to check on where their goods are in circumstances like these.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport