PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cloth nappies and leaking wraps

Options
2»

Comments

• georgeyoggy
    Options
    Hello again :)
    Thankyou all for your replys :)
    I think little Finn has grown out of them....didn't consider that it might be the fit...ran my finger round and it was rather snug!!
    I do use fleece liners to keep his skin dry...he only wakes up if the wetness has wicked to his clothes. Tried using disposables at night but he gets a sore bottom in them:confused: Never have soaked the terries or wraps..too much effort ( LOL) plus with 4 kids and a dog running round I've nowhere to store a wet pail!!
    I shall have a look at the sites suggested and try out the motherese..think I had a couple in my trial..eco scene ones or something? I've tried to stick to just a few as I had a bit of a nappy addiction at first, dh had to keep reminding me that I was supposed to be saving money not spending more!!
    Mrs Mug...love the wacky wraps..how cute!!
    Looneyleo..don't feel bad, only used cloth full time on this one..first two were just disposables, third disposables till this one was born and then he went dry by day, just night to work on now!!(is it just mine, or do all boys take FOREVER to be dry at night!!)Youngest is 1 1/2 nearly:)

Thanks to everyone again:)
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    nappy days are behind me but i was in millets last week and bought some waterproofing which you can put in the washing machine with whatever it is you want to treat - it's meant for cushion covers but might be worth a try?
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Zed42
    Zed42 Posts: 930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I, too, can endorse the MotherEase wraps ... and can easily be bought cheaply from eBay.

Which reminds me, I must go upstairs and dig out the rest of my nappy "collection" and sell them :) It kinda got addictive.
    GC - March 2024 -
  • vezb
    vezb Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    hi,
    I have just this week found a solution to this problem.

Popolini Waxed Cotton

I have used it on my junior joy white wraps yesterday, it has made them waterproof again.
    The only drawback is that it has left them slightly yellow ( the wax is yellow) on the inside, but for £2.50 a pot, I('ve used just under half a pot for 5 medium wraps), it's a lot cheaper than buying new wraps!.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the website I bought it from, if not, please let me know and I'll edit it out

http://www.underthegooseberrybush.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=60

It's really simple, just rub some over the wrap with a cloth and warm with a hairdryer.

hope this helps someone

verity
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family