🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI Home Visits

Options
I have just been made redundant and am claiming on two PPI policies. One states that there agent may visit for updates on my jobseeking progress.

I don't want/need this visit. I paid £2,880 over 5 years with one provider, my employer has filled out the claim form and the Job Centre has filled it out confirming that I am unemployed so I don't want/need one of their agents checking up on me like I am a fraudster.

Are they likely to call round?

Comments

• Advocatus
    Advocatus Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are a number of dishonest folk around. This means that honest folk such as yourself are sometimes not given the benefit of the doubt.

The PPI policy providers are within their contractual rights to call upon you. I wouldn't be suprised if your policy has a term that requires you to continue looking for employment as opposed to not.

All you can really do is make sure they stick to the terms and don't inconvenience you. Keep all applications made and importantly, all communication including rejections from potential employers.
    I am qualified lawyer, but nothing I post here should be construed as legal advice. I am simply trying to point people in the right direction as opposed to giving them accurate legal advice.

If you think I've been helpful, hit the "Thanks" button!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport