Accomadation for 5 IOW/Dorset Aug

Options
Hello,
I am very used to staying at holiday parks but in August 2 of my children will be away so dh and I are considering taking the younger 3 away for a couple of days to either Dorset of the IOW and staying in a hotel or cottage. But I have no idea of where to look, a pool would be nice but not essential. We really need a 5 bed room and our budget is 300-400 for a short break. We are looking to go August 2 for 2 or 3 nights. If anybody can suggest anywhere please let me know.

Many thanks xxx
Debt free and plan on staying that way!!!!

Comments

• apexblue
    apexblue Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Have you looked at www.holidaylettings.co.uk or www.cottageholidays.co.uk ? Book direct with the owners and save on booking admin fees. The IOW tourist website will help with accommodation.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Mankysteve
    Mankysteve Posts: 4,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    is 300-400 including ferry cost if you go IOW as their ferries are expensive. Pretty much all my dads family live on the island we always go camping so can't really recommend anywhere. But if your budget is only £300-£400 in total that will pretty much go straight on accommodation. Not sure about Dorset area.
  • susieb
    susieb Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.newforestliving.co.uk/holiday-cottages/white-cottage/propertydetails.htm

we stayed here over the half term and it was lovely, we then went as foot passengers to the IOW for a day and had a fab time
    Always on the hunt for a bargain
  • Tuesday_Tenor
    Options
    To get started, just google

Dorset Self-catering

to find various websites.

The problem with your requirement, though, is that you want a cheap short break in prime summer holiday time, when most places will only offer weekly lets. Also many places (such as previous posters's suggestion and another I was going to make) are already booked up.

If you're prepared to risk it, you might have more luck at the last minute by looking for late-availability/cancellations, when landlords would let somewhere for a few days rather than not at all ...

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport