NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity
I've recently come round to the pleasures of slow stoozing. I do all of my purchasing on a 6 month 0% card. I've used up half of the £3K limit in around 2 months. I need a new card sometime soon, and I was on the phone to the Halifax about my mortgage today when they tried some cross selling on me. Which was fine because it was "you've been preapproved for a credit card". 6 months at 0% on purchases.
Must have been a text book sales experience for them becuase I was mr keen. Funny moment was on payment protection "if it's payment protection insurance then I'm not interested" I said. " what are you going to do if you can't pay back the debt?" they asked. "look, I'm not going to spend any of the money" I said. Then I decided that "I've got savings" was a more diplomatic way of putting it. Chappy was obviously chuffed with his commission earning sale.
Me: "you can write on the file that the customer has strongly expressed that he has no interest in payment protection insurance". lol.

"I've just had an offer on a personal loan come up on the screen" he said.
"what's the rate?"
"6.5% ln loans over £7K".
"no thanks".

Oh I forgot, he tried to sell me a current account first, but that had no benefits over my current current accounts.

Good job I'm not a proper punter - they are falling over themselves to lend me cash these people.
Happy chappy
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum