edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
2 replies 764 views
WizwooWizwoo Forumite
675 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
Hello All,

I' really worried about my castor oil plant. We had one when we lived in Cheshire (given to us as a house warming gift) and it thrived. When we moved to north Yorkshire the same friends bought us another lovely one to plant in our new garden.

It's now looking really sad - I think it might have been due to the bad winter. It's still quite a small plant (about 2 foot, if that, high).

If you have one - how's it doing and can anyone give me advice about what best to do for it?
Many thanks,
Woo

Replies

• Kay_PeelKay_Peel Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are looking battered, brown, yellow and with lots of holes. They've been looking like that for a few years now but since they make a lot of new shoots, leaves and a whole host of winter flowers, I'm not worried about them.

I just cut out all the horrible looking leaves and thin out each shrub so that some light can get at it and the air can circulate around it. It soon looks more lively and happy with less growth.

I also snap off a new shoot and stick it in a pot of compost and they always always root. I've got rooted plants in pots of various sizes and nowhere to put them.

:beer:
  • AriesAries Forumite
    477 Posts
    my castor oil plant is about 6ft tall, and has overwintered fine.
    it seems to thrive on neglect.:eek:
    I live in west Yorkshire.
    Member of the £2 savers club.£320
    so far
    saving for Holiday :j

You are never too Old to learn new tricks.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance