lloyds tsb

Options
hi, about to send covering letter with fos questionnaire to llodys. got loan out in jan 2005 for 24,000 and got loan protection which was 4,829.26 which was advanced as part of the loan. at the time i was self employed which was made clear as well as being pregnant so wasnt going to be working for a spell anyway. any one got an idea if i will be successful, and what should i expect to get back? managed to get some money back from MBNA but went through a company that took a third! so gonna try doing it myself for this one. thanks

Comments

• BigCraigJohn
    BigCraigJohn Posts: 1,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you were self employed you should be successful.

Have a look here, it explains all the situations but put it this way i'd expect a tidy amount. Dont forget you would of paid interest on that initial amount till when you settled the loan at the contractual rate.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1596473

Definitely do it yourself, all info on this site.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    tritons0 wrote: »
    hi, about to send covering letter with fos questionnaire to llodys. got loan out in jan 2005 for 24,000 and got loan protection which was 4,829.26 which was advanced as part of the loan. at the time i was self employed which was made clear as well as being pregnant so wasnt going to be working for a spell anyway. any one got an idea if i will be successful, and what should i expect to get back? managed to get some money back from MBNA but went through a company that took a third! so gonna try doing it myself for this one. thanks

Hiya

Can't remember if you said if the loan was settled or still active or not?

They should refund all you have paid in PPI, interest, and also request for the 8% interest of what a court would award for being deprived of your money, think if they uphold this is what they should give you.

So basically if you received no rebate as such - you should receive all the above amount you stated plus interest on top of that again.

Robbedofmymoney is fab at working out these refunds, and hopefully he will be along soon to give you some idea, he knows how LLoyds works as well lol.

For more information, also check on how the FOS calculates PPI refunds:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1596473

Hope this helps and I think you stand a very good chance.:)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • tritons0
    tritons0 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    after about a year and a half - i think - i changed my loan with lloyds - and got another one without the PPI - so i believe the initial loan was settled with the new loan.. my memory bit vague - sorry. should i just send stuff in to lloyds or do i need to check ppi pollicy first with regards to the self emplyed sestion? will need to get copy of policy
  • Foggster
    Foggster Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    after about a year and a half - i think - i changed my loan with lloyds - and got another one without the PPI - so i believe the initial loan was settled with the new loan.. my memory bit vague - sorry. should i just send stuff in to lloyds or do i need to check ppi pollicy first with regards to the self emplyed sestion? will need to get copy of policy

When I claimed mine, I simply used the template from this site and stated the reason I thought it was mis-sold and waited. The reply was pretty swift (within 10 days) although the money getting back into the account took a little over a month. As long as you have the loan account number, it should be enough to get the ball rolling.
  • di3004
    Options

That is fine, just continue with the reclaim.

As long as you have that account number enclosed they will know which one your pursuing.:)
  • robbedofmymoney
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »

Robbedofmymoney is fab at working out these refunds, and hopefully he will be along soon to give you some idea, he knows how LLoyds works as well lol.

i can work on some numbers if you like,
    do you know how much they gave back in ppi rebate upon early settlement and the exact month the loan was settled. and how long the loan was over
    I'm proud to say that the banks no longer take money from me after becoming debt free
  • di3004
    Options
    i can work on some numbers if you like,
    do you know how much they gave back in ppi rebate upon early settlement and the exact month the loan was settled. and how long the loan was over

How did I know you would be along? lol :rotfl::rotfl:

Hopefully "tritons" will be back soon and post them up for you.:T;)
  • BigCraigJohn
    BigCraigJohn Posts: 1,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive got a late 2004 policy upstairs if you want to know anything.
    Self employment cover would certainly not of covered as well as an employed person yet you paid the same amount.
    On first view it would cover you but it would be near impossible to claim unless you were made involuntarily insolvent or were so badly injured/ill you could pretty much not move where an employed person would just need a docs note. Sure the FOS would side with you if this wasnt explained in detail.
    I'd just get your claim in, seems solid imo.
  • tritons0
    tritons0 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi everyone - gonna send stuff off to lloyds and see what happens. i changed to a different loan (with lloyds again, but without ppi)) after only about 9 months i think so must have had a rebate but cant remember. will keep everyone informed - anything money refund would be nice! :)
  • di3004
    Options
    hi everyone - gonna send stuff off to lloyds and see what happens. i changed to a different loan (with lloyds again, but without ppi)) after only about 9 months i think so must have had a rebate but cant remember. will keep everyone informed - anything money refund would be nice! :)

And the very best of luck with them too, keep at them and if you receive a standard fob off letter, keep on at them, you WILL get there.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport