User Accounts Creation document lost????

Options
Hi everybody,

Somebody accessed my PC recently just because my PC is virtually opened to everyone. I then create a User accounts (mine & others).
Now even in my own account i cannot see any of my previous documents. Where could it be?

Have i lost it?

Cheers

Comments

• poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Go to the C: drive
    Open the 'Users' folder
    In there there will be a folder for each of the accounts you have created. Open the one which has the name you used when you first set up the computer - might be 'default' or 'admin' if you didn't specify a name, otherwise just click through each of them until you find the one you want.
    poppy10
  • tronator
    tronator Posts: 2,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kaybenson wrote: »
    Hi everybody,

Somebody accessed my PC recently just because my PC is virtually opened to everyone. I then create a User accounts (mine & others).
    Now even in my own account i cannot see any of my previous documents. Where could it be?

Have i lost it?

Cheers

Login as Administrator and you should be able to see everybody's documents. If not, use the search function of Windows and make sure to search for "all files and folders".

If your PC was virtually open to everyone, maybe someone just deleted these documents. Also, if you created a "guest" account, then all documents and settings will be deleted as soon as you log out.
  • Kaybenson
    Kaybenson Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    First, i created the administrator then later guest account.

Prior to creation, i have all my documents intact on both on the desktop and my document but i cannot see any now(after creation).

Does creation automatically removed all my files?
  • tronator
    tronator Posts: 2,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does creation automatically removed all my files?

No, it doesn't. And when I say "guest account" I really mean THE guest account, not just a normal user account.

So you're saying, that you're logged in as Administrator and you have a document on the Desktop, then you create a new user and the document is gone in the same session without you doing anything else? I never heard such a thing happening.

Did you check your PC for viruses and malware? I also would advice you not to use an administrator account for anything else than administrative tasks. Does Windows still insists in that the first created user account is automatically an administrator? Never understood why someone would need two Administrator accounts on one PC. If this is the case create a third (limited) user for yourself and a fourth one for your guests.
  • Kaybenson
    Options
    Initially, i have no user accounts.

Somebody came to my PC and use it without authority(just to check his email though!). I have used the PC afterwards with no problem.

I then decided that i need to create user accounts so that no one can just access my files like that. I then created Administrator and guest.

All my files, bookmarks etc are no where to be found even through Administrative account.

Cheers
  • Kaybenson
    Options
    Anyone????
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone????
    Post #2 - did you follow this?
    poppy10
  • Kaybenson
    Options
    Thanks Pooopy10

I have NOW done that.

1) In C, i went to documents and settings. I saw 4 folders (a) Administrator (b) All Users (c) Guest and (d) Kaybenson (my name)

In the administrator one, i saw all my documents:D

2)I went to control panel to check the users but it was only (a) Kaybenson(computer administrator)-password protected and (2) Guest - guest account turned off

How could i restore the whole thing together? I mean having only Administrator and guest yet did NOT lose any documents and bookmarks?

Cheers
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Options
    The accounts you should have set up are
    • Administrator
    • KayBenson
    Only administrator should have administrator privileges and you should only log on as administrator when you have a definite need to.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Kaybenson
    Options
    Thanks

So how could i get out of the mess and STILL Not lose my stuffs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income