Natwest overdraft randomly cut

Hi
I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this problem that's randomly occurred.

I have an £100 overdraft on my natwest current account and on saturday it was reduced by £80 in a matter of hours.

On saturday morning i still had my £100 over draft, but by the evening i only had a £20 overdraft.

The current account is a new account i opened about a month ago and still sorting out getting my benefits paid into my new account. They are currently still getting paid into my step account with natwest.

But on saturday i got paid early because of the bank holiday which went into my step account but i had two payments come out of my step account which i didn't know. So i reported to natwest to investigate but in the mean time i transfer every single penny into my current account in case anything else went missing from my step account.

And i was just wondering weather they might have reduced my overdraft on my current account because of what happened to my step account to help prevent fraud. Does anyone think this could be a possibility ?

It's making me very stressed as i went and brought myself some new clothes thinking i could use my overdraft this week and pay it back next week.

If anyone could shed any light i would be very grateful.

Comments

• chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I suspect the overdraft limit is unchanged.

Sounds to me like either there are card payments to be processed or there are d/d's to come out Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure