income from Google AdSense

Options
Just wondering has anyone made serious income from google adsense programme. I have read lot of stories of people making a fortune from selling intellectual content online.

However, it is not so obvious is it just marketing stuff or are people making serious money from adsense.

Comments

• Fiver29
    Fiver29 Posts: 18,620 Forumite
    Options
    I have had Adsense on my blog for months now, and I'm still only at about £30 (minimum £60 payout from Google), it's adding up but it's slow going. I certainly don't know how people make any serious money on it.
    Moving onto a better place...Ciao :wave:
  • Jim450122
    Options
    It depends on wha you do on your website and how many hits you get.

I would reccomend going to w.w.w. gbbo .co.uk and using the google tool to make a free website which is also hosted for free for two years with no committment. It also offers free marketing. You can then link your website to your google adsense account by using one of the tools in the web page editor.

If you then need help getting more hits just drop us a line here and I'll give you some tips/references.

Hope this helps.

PS: sorry about the wird way of typing the web address but am still technically a new user so can't link to sites yet.
  • daisy_jean
    daisy_jean Posts: 311 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I have adsense running on two websites I run for British actors.

One of the sites, brings in a small trickle, but the second site (which I only opened in April) has been much more successful and has basically quadrupled my adsense income - I used to make maybe £5-6 a month with one site, but am now at £20 a month for both.

I'm currently awaiting payment processing for £67, which will be gratefully received with being on Maternity Pay now! lol

So basically it depends on what you are going to put out there, whether or not it'll be worth it! :)
  • daisy_jean
    daisy_jean Posts: 311 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    sgm wrote: »
    You can earn pay per click and sale by joining My Shopping Genie, take a look at URL REMOVED

Scroll to the bottom for the details of how to become a distributor of the free shopping genie

You forget to mention the $199 "Distribution License" fee that is needed. Also it's an affiliate link which isn't allowed in this forum!
  • iamadave
    iamadave Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been running adsense for several years and used to earn a lot more than it does now. I have it on a couple of sites but have one main site with a fair amount of content and this has the majority of traffic and most income.

I sometimes make three figures others two. I know of a few people on affiliate forums etc who have more sites/more content and traffic and earn more, and they usually make a decent amount from affiliate links as well.

If you want to start using it read all the rules as they can and do ban people for sometimes little reason.

Unique content/niche sometimes best if you can blog/write about something assionate about. Dont over do the ads.
  • Mrs_Money
    Mrs_Money Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just wondering has anyone made serious income from google adsense programme. I have read lot of stories of people making a fortune from selling intellectual content online.

However, it is not so obvious is it just marketing stuff or are people making serious money from adsense.

I've got adsense on my blog and it's made me .54p in the whole of may - and I have a regular number of visitors every day ( around 50-100) .
    Unfortunately it's traffic that makes you money (and I plainly don't have enough:rotfl:). On the other hand my DH makes around £7-£10 per month which pays for his site hosting- but his is a site based around a popular topic.
    Plus some of my ads pay pitiful amounts - like 1p per click, so making even pin money is difficult.
    One thing I have found - may be obvious, but if you stop posting on your blog regularly- then the adsense income goes right down as well- worth remembering to post often.
  • goonerAFC
    goonerAFC Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    You can make alot or a little. Depends on the Niche of your website.
  • Gazing_On_Sunsets
    Options
    The people who make money have loads and loads of niche websites that are researched to tie in with popular google searches. A website might bring in a couple of quid a week but if you have 10 or 20 or more, then it starts to add up.

You need content but unfortunately there are millions of spammy auto websites that clutter up the web too, just link-farming.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been using it for about 3 years now, making £900-1500 every month. And I don't do much, it just rolls in once you're at the top in google for some stuff... which, of course, I am.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £900 a month ? you serious ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts