We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

hotmail account

could someone help me please? My friend asked me if I had signed into hotmail today, as apparently I signed in and sent her an IM with a link, she immediately thought it was dodgy, as it was flagged up by her software as a possible threat.

It wasnt me, what do I do?

Comments

  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    1) check that PCs you use aren't infected - Malware/Spyware Removal Guide

    2) change your hotmail password from a PC you know is clean
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    This is quite common...I get it through Windows Live Messenger, when I sign on I get a message that's apparently been sent by a friend while I was offline. They always have a link in them - I just delete on sight. Unless you are 100% sure that the person did send you a link while you were offline never trust it
  • frankie1star
    frankie1star Posts: 833 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I believe she was logged into msn, and apparently I logged in at that time on msn. I often receive messages from people I dont know who i block, but this seems altogether different.
  • Most probably you're PC is infected and the virurs or malware got hold of your MSN contacts and automatically sent messages with unwanted links.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.