Customer forcing us to use !!!0

Options
One of our customers, who used to be two smaller clients both of whom got bought by a mega big client, have written to me recently to say that we HAVE to start submitting our invoices to them using the !!!0 system. Which costs money. I'm not sure exaclty how much yet but I reckon it'll be around £1 per invoice. which doesn't sound like much but we already work on a pretty tight margin to these guys and it all makes a difference.

I am absolutely bloody furious about this. They sell it to you as this great new innovation that invoices go straight through, you save money on postage, bla bla bla. The truth is though that this system is entirely designed to benefit big business, not small businesses like mine.

I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And believe me, it ain't broke! I create my invoices to them, put them in the post with the other stuff I send them anyway and they pay me. On time. And if they don't, I ring someone and it gets sorted. It's really not a major hassle.

But now because some idiot procurement manager (my most hated job after management consultant) has decided that this will be more efficient, we've all got to jump to their tune. Regardless of the extra cost and hassle of getting to grips with a new system.

I absolutely hate the way that large corporations are constantly steam rollering small suppliers like me into doing things their way because some idiot in middle management has decided it'll be more efficient. This isn't the first time I've been subjected to ridiculous procurement exercises which just make my working life a hassle.

Phew, rant over. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here had had any experiences with !!!0? Thanks
No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3

Comments

• ShaneUK
    ShaneUK Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Think you need to put the name of the system in "differently" so that we know what it is!
  • guidarufino
    guidarufino Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    OOps, not sure what happened there! Thanks

It's OB 10
  • Alt
    Alt Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    16. How can small suppliers also use electronic invoicing?
    With e-Invoicing from OB 10, small suppliers can also send electronic invoices. Suppliers who do not have a billing system or do not send enough invoices to justify an integrated solution, can use the OB 10 Web Form. Accessible 24/7 via the !!!0 Portal, suppliers simply log on to their account and create their electronic invoice on-line. The data is submitted to their customers via OB 10, undergoing the same checks as with the Integrated Solution.
    Customers that use the OB 10 Web Form, still benefit from reporting, support and access to the !!!0 ImageArchive via the secure online portal.
    “As a small business

And yes it seems to be £1 per invoice.

http://www.ob 10.com/Docs/How-it-works_EN_UK.pdf (remove the space between OB and 10) :mad:
  • TM1976
    TM1976 Posts: 717 Forumite
    Options
    When you create the invoice be sure to itemise and recharge the !!!0 fee on each one.
  • paulwf
    paulwf Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    TM1976 wrote: »
    When you create the invoice be sure to itemise and recharge the !!!0 fee on each one.

Sounds like a plan. Either put a £1 processing fee per invoice or put your prices up slightly.
  • guidarufino
    guidarufino Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I think the £1 additional processing fee per invoice is the way forward.

What annoys me is that they try and sell this to you as being beneficial to you as a supplier when it's not at all. The stupid man on the phone tried to convince me that it'll save on postage!!! It won't because I send their invoices along with everything else I send them and anyway, since when does it cost £1 to send a flipping invoice in the post?! 36p last time I checked.

This kind of thing makes sense for BIG businesses and organisations but for small operators like mine it's just an additional headache, hassle and cost. I hate the way that big companies throw their weight around and make people jump to their tune all the time. And also the way that they find ever new and more complicated ways to do things that always involve money, silly computer systems and 0845 numbers! :mad:
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Yes I think the £1 additional processing fee per invoice is the way forward.
    :mad:

£2 one for the fee and one(or more) for the time to transfer the data into THEIR system from you invoice.

They will also get the invoice earlier than if you posted with goods
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whats the fuss, simply charge an admin fee to cover the additional costs, there will always be hoops to jump though, you should see the ones I have to jump in order to contract with the NHS.

The one that grates with me is that myself and my staff have to be CRB checked, even though we never come into contact with kids or vulnerable adults ever, now that is a waste of money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure