Frrreeeeddddoooommmmm!!!!!!

1235»

Comments

• drewdrop
    drewdrop Posts: 90 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2010 at 4:31PM
    Hi Dewdrop,
    Congrats on your freeeeeeeeeeeeeedom, you really have hammered that debt down. Have you got any more tips in reducing it. I'm on a dmp so have a fixed payment now from next month i should have another £400 per month to go to my debt. I don't know whether to save up for F&F's or put it straight to my DMP. I can only F&F 2 of my debts as the other is a loan of about £15000.

Any thoughts tips greatly appreciated thanks

Hi, from my experience and reading the forum, here is a few, x

- Dont increase your debt, so putting up a SOA can help as unbiased eyes see the savings you may miss
    - ebay everything but read up first, check past listings and remember that around a fifth of your selling price will be fees to ebay and paypal-still do it though:)
    - stop smoking
    - change shopping brands, surprisingly good(sometimes lol)
    - make sure your DMP is not from a fee charging company (cccs or cab)(sorry just read yr sig again xx)
    - the 'only buy if you still want a week later' does work
    - every extra payment does feel good, even if just a few pence

I think we all debt bash a bit differently but most of all it does take a long time and you will have bad / down days or weeks. I have had a few to be honest. Recognising what caused the debts in the first place is hard, as well, but the end is such a huge weight lifted.

I don't have any experience of DMP so it may be worth posting for advice as a seperate thread- plenty of help here :)

Most of all - good luck honey x
    :A
    -
    :jDEBT FREE 27th MAY 2010:j
    Paid off - o/d £2750, loan £23000 (11 mts early), CC @ £14000
    :A
  • mamajojo
    mamajojo Posts: 630 Forumite
    Wow - thats amazing and I bet you feel fantastic!:T:T:TCongratulations:T:T:T
    DMP mutual support thread member 371
    LBM Jan 2010
    DMP Paddle No 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills