Frrreeeeddddoooommmmm!!!!!!

Comments

• katmal
    katmal Posts: 33 Forumite
    :j Dewdrop that's fantastic, well done.
    It gives me hope, we're on the beginning of this journey and I feel ashamed and weighed down by the enormity of it all but to hear your news really does boost the spirits! :T
    Kx
    Btw, well done on the not smoking, the first 10 years are the worst apparently! I only have 2 more years to go until I stop missing it!
    :hello:
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" (Winston Churchill) :rolleyes:

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    - Voltaire (1694-1778) :rolleyes:
  • Well done drew drop!!:-) Im just dithering about using my precious savings (just come out of year fix) to pay off my two credit card debts...I feel sick..
    but I know its the right thing to do (but dont we all)
  • rossal1
    rossal1 Posts: 4 Newbie
    oh well done

you must have really worked hard

in terms of staying off the fags how about this for an idea

in an old jam jar put a little water and the dregs from an ash tray or a couple of snuffed out fags, every time you feel the need for a fag just open the lid and sniff and think thats what i will smell like if i have another fag.

i dont smoke so dont know if this would be an incentive but it would certainly turn me off!!

however if any one has a similar idea about chocolate i'm listening......:rotfl:
  • Nichelette
    Nichelette Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Congratulations, you've done brilliantly. I can't wait to be in your position!
    Finally bought a home
    Starting mortgage £289,500 31.01.19 - Current outstanding £207,243.66
    Overpayments since 27.03.19: £46,161.46
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Drewdrop well done. And thanks for cheering us all up today too. I hope you are enjoying yourself. I am saving to do my house up. But afterwards i am going on the biggest holiday ever. One year to go!!!!
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Well done :D
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • drewdrop
    drewdrop Posts: 90 Forumite
    Hi, thanks again x, still feels odd to be honest, not used to not worrying about money !
    :jDEBT FREE 27th MAY 2010:j
    Paid off - o/d £2750, loan £23000 (11 mts early), CC @ £14000
    :A
  • drewdrop
    katmal wrote: »
    :j Dewdrop that's fantastic, well done.
    It gives me hope, we're on the beginning of this journey and I feel ashamed and weighed down by the enormity of it all but to hear your news really does boost the spirits! :T
    Kx
    Btw, well done on the not smoking, the first 10 years are the worst apparently! I only have 2 more years to go until I stop missing it!
    lol lol:rotfl:, great its only been 2 years 8 months 5 days 16 hours and 54 minutes since I stopped, dont miss them at all then :p
  • Bunnyinthelights
    Bunnyinthelights Posts: 15,278 Forumite
    I was trying to figure out how much you debt at its highest would be and it looks about the same as mine-I was at £52k at my LBM and am now at £38.5k. *sob* and thats 4 years later....

I do have 2 kids and all the trappings that go along with, never smoked, have been made redundant 2 times...its been GREAT! LOL

still jealous though-and still DEAD impressed. :D
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
  • drewdrop
    'still jealous though-and still DEAD impressed. :D'
    Nothing to be impressed about x. I just had head in sand for years and never looked at the totals, just the monthly payments. It took 3 months off sick to realise I was spiraling every month. I worked my total debt at over 10 ish years at over £50 grand inc interest but in reality I have probably underestimated. That does make me down at the thought of wasting so much money. My take home is around £2350 a month and it all went up in smoke in days with cc and loan payments. I am so careful now but still have my moments, I took out an Amazon cc at xmas as it was 9 mts interest free and I thought I would get a lcd tv (650 quid) and pay it off after my debts were clear, paying no interest, I didn't do do it but it shows how easy it is to revert to the habits that get you into debt in the first place. Long may I be Mr frugal lol x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills