Why isn't this being promoted?

Options
johnmc
johnmc Posts: 1,265 Forumite
I've been following Martin's advise and have finally moved gas and leccy. A week later I got a letter from Amex advising that the cashback is being reduced on my blue card.

I've checked my spending and in the last 12 months I did £2,700 with them and I don't earn enough for a Platinum. Most of that is on (or rather IN) the car. I pay off in full each month.

Hit the MSE site to look for the alternatives and there's the GE Money Everyday card. A whopping 3% on fuel and food purchases! A minute on the phone and I've been accepted, paperwork on its way.
http://www.gemoney.co.uk/html/creditcard/everyday_creditcardproductpage.shtml

With a spend of, let's say, £1500 on fuel;
Amex £7.50
GE £45.00

WOW! Mind you, if you do the same be sure to ASK for the 3% cash back card as they did initially offer a standard one.

John.

Comments

• neil40
    neil40 Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Ive got an amex blue card too.I was disapointed to hear that the cashback threshold has been raised.The Ge money card looks ten times better.The only thing is that ive just moved house about 6months ago-Does anyone know if this will make it difficult getting accepted for new cc?(ive have very good credit history).......Neil
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    ... ive just moved house about 6months ago-Does anyone know if this will make it difficult getting accepted for new cc?

A change of address reduces your credit score, so best advice is to apply for a new credit card before you move.

Obviously, it's too late now. Make certain that you are on the electoral roll at the new address first, before you submit an application.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • Bennifred
    Bennifred Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for drawing attention to this, johnmc, have just applied on-line. We normally use the Amex Blue for most shopping, but this should beat it hands down!:beer:
    [
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport