IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Andrew Baker Inter park UK jailed

Options
Latest to fall

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/birmingham/10165899.stm
A Birmingham-based car clamper who a judge said was guilty of the "ruthless exploitation" of motorists has been jailed for two years.
Andrew Baker, 28, of Shard End, admitted a charge of conspiring with others to make unwarranted demands from motorists at Birmingham Crown Court.
Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.

Comments

• king100
    king100 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    You beat me to it, just heard on radio about it.

I have one suggestion for Andrew Blake

"Please pick the soap everytime you drop it in the shower"
    I all have learnt is from others on many sites.
    Seek legal help if unsure.
    Dont pay Private Parking tickets - they are mere invoices.

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • MrSmartprice
    MrSmartprice Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently Baker expressed 'genuine remorse' for his crimes. Yet he was cynically holding cars hostage, often with no justification whatsoever. He clearly took great pleasure in his work and so did the vermin who worked for him.

It's time clamping was outlawed in England, as it has been in Scotland for many years. The licensing scheme has been a complete waste of time. Why are the AA not campaigning for this - their man on the news programme was a pillock!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    All the new government is promising to do is to ""Tackle rogue private sector wheel clampers."
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Apparently Baker expressed 'genuine remorse' for his crimes. Yet he was cynically holding cars hostage, often with no justification whatsoever. He clearly took great pleasure in his work and so did the vermin who worked for him.

It's time clamping was outlawed in England, as it has been in Scotland for many years. The licensing scheme has been a complete waste of time. Why are the AA not campaigning for this - their man on the news programme was a pillock!
    The only genuine thing about this guy is his wish Not to be sent down and his greed which put him there.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    It was on our Midlands News earlier - a mother with young child was stranded shortly before Christmas with her car being towed with her young daughter's toys in the back. She told the clamper he had ruined Christmas to which he replied, "Well you've just made mine."

I do not believe even for a second that he holds any remorse for what he has done. Well done to Birmingham Trading Standards who are seemingly the only people bothering to take action against these crooks.
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    All the new government is promising to do is to ""Tackle rogue private sector wheel clampers."

They've only been in government a few weeks, give them a chance!
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Spartacus_Mills
    Spartacus_Mills Posts: 5,545 Forumite
    Options
    ben500 wrote: »

So have this lowlife's victims got their hard earned back ?

He will be out in 18 months and doing exactly the same thing.

This is simply a pyrrhic victory.
    "There's no such thing as Macra. Macra do not exist."
    "I could play all day in my Green Cathedral".
    "The Centuries that divide me shall be undone."
    "A dream? Really, Doctor. You'll be consulting the entrails of a sheep next. "
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    You are presupposing effective schooling, as all the world may see :)
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does the SIA allow those with a criminal record, like this, a license either frontline or otherwise?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure