We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Replacement power supply / supplies

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can buy generic power supplies to replace broken manufacturer ones. I'm very ignorant on voltage etc. so I don't know what I'm trying to match.

Specifically I have a d-link dub-h7 usb hub that has a dead power supply. Now for a replacement it costs nearly as much as the unit itself and from reading d-link power supplies are terrible anyway.

I was wondering if there's a lower cost generic power supply I can buy that will do the same job and might actually last a bit longer.

Thanks

Comments

  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 7,006
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Maplin sell generic multi-voltage power supplies that should work Ok, and also cheaper single-voltage ones if yours happens to be a common voltage.

    Just make sure it's regulated, that the voltage is the same, and that it is capable of the same or higher current.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.