We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Literally JUST been told I'm being made redundant

Options
Hey,

In Week two of our consultation period and have just been told that after a review of the selection pools, I am still at risk (those who are going to be kept have been taken off the "at risk" list).

However, I am going to appeal against the scoring and decision. Partly based on the moral grounds but partly because I don't agree with the way the selection pools were set up, especially as some pools 1 in 5 staff are being kept, yet in others it's 1 in 3 or 3 in 5.

The pools were selected based on an organogram placed together in July 2009. This is not the current organogram the team works towards now, but is not disimilar. However, the office does not function according to the organogram and I'd suggest the organogram is incorrect. Below me for example, is someone who is of a higher grade, position and salary. In truth, out of the 4 selection pools - 2 of them do very similar work and I would suggest it would be very hard to select between them.

Can I appeal based on this? I think 2 of the pools should have been merged and the scoring based upon this merged group. I have another meeting with them at 1:30pm so any quick suggestions would be REALLY appreciated. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport