We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Redundancy on Maternity leave advise please

Options
Apologies for the long post but I could do with some advise.

Last year only a few days before my due date I was requested to attend a meeting at work. At this meeting it was announced that one full time position in my role would be made redundant. I job shared with someone. Three days later at a seperate meeting I was told that I was the lowest scoring in the matrix and therefore would be the team member being made redundant. I left this meeting and then looked at the matrix in more detail and noticed that my score had been incorrectly added and that I had the same score as one of my colleagues. I sent my rep back in to inform them of this as I was too upset to speak to them. They then decided to award my colleague an extra point (I know she was querying her score as we are friends) The following day they awarded her an extra point so leaving me in the same position.

The company were trying to rush the redundancy through in 30 days. I told them that I wish to be left alone to have my baby and that I would contact them when I had given birth and two weeks after I would be available to attend any meetings.

I was never contacted until recently when I was invited to a meeting when I was asked my intentions. I told them that as far as I was concerned I was being made redundant and this was confirmed. I told them I was happy to wait and see if any jobs have become available. I have recently been offered another role although, I do not feel suited to this position and involves a lot more stress and pressure. I do not have to take this position and redundancy is still an option.

My question really is I would like to appeal against my selection for redundancy, is it worth it? will they just state that they have offered me an alternative role? I am also concerned if I could continue to work here, I feel sick having to attend meetings it was such a bad time for me, I should have been looking forward to my baby's arrival and instead I spent the time worrying about how we would afford to live.

Where would I stand if at an appeal I was offered a job would I have to accept. Would I be able to go to a tribunal if I was offered another job?

Thanks for any advise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family