Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Skate4Cancer-UK

Options
ryanstarr
ryanstarr Posts: 238 Forumite
Hey all :)
Not entirely sure if this thread is in the right place. I hope so.
anyway , If people are on Facebook could they please join this group ?
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=238722603499&ref=ts

Its Skate4Cancer - Uk
A Canadian charity which I have set up here in the UK .
The reason it is " skate " 4cancer is because we are trying to get more youth involved with the fundraising as many other cancer charitys dont aim at youth.
But every single member helps.
Once part of the group you will recieve messages on upcoming events such as
Gigs, Skatedays, Promo video days, Markets etc etc etc.

The aim of the charity is on the info page , I would put it here but I dont want to have this post really long so that nobody can be bothered to read it.

Thank guys.

Ryan:D

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ryan, if it's a UK registered charity please can we have its website and charity number.

If it's not a UK charity, it's not allowed, please read this sticky at the top of the board for details.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not many places you can skate in the UK though ... I've only ever been once and now I think I'm 170 miles from a rink.
  • rhoobarbcrumble
    Options
    I would like to think that the money goes to cancer patients and not to the people who organise the messages on 'upcoming events' etc. Too many charities do this nowadays. Too much admin and not enough help. Nothing against you ryanstarr, I think you're just trying to help which is what I would be doing normally. It's very hard to donate to a charity these days and know the donation is going to EXACTLY where you intended and not to fat cats who need to upgrade their car/building.
  • rhoobarbcrumble
    Options
    Mac Millan nurses should receive donations, they are totally supportive of cancer patients. I just hope there's no fat cats involved and the government won't have a say in the way they operate or how their funds are spent. They appear to do a wonderful job.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure