🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

European Breakdown Cover

Options
Were driving in France in a couple of weeks and I would like to arrange one trip breakdown cover for my car which is afew years old.

Any suggestions for budget, 1 week cover?

Thanks

Mr T

Comments

• highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know this is for long term, but it might still work out cheaper if you have no breakdown cover at the moment/about to run out.

https://www.sharpinsurance.co.uk offer breakdown cover in UK and Europe for £44.99.
  • Christmasshopper
    Options
    I checked out European breakdown cover with https://www.insureandgo.co.uk and found 3 weeks cover for £30.72
    I couldn't better this for my car. I hope it helps you.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times and I'll smash your face in. :D
  • merlinormartin
    Options
    Hi misterthrifty,
    Make sure you read the breakdown tcs carefully, because france has private roads the breakdown service dont normally collect you. The official french motorway breakdown services collects you but you might occur costs that are not covered by your european cover :(

What to do on a French motorway
    Motorways in France are privately managed, so if you break down on a French motorway or motorway service area, the AA cannot send out assistance to you.

Go to the nearest emergency box or phone, dial 17 and the official motorway breakdown service will come out to you.
    Once you have been towed off the motorway/service area, call the AA's 24-hour helpline for further assistance.
    "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport