Meter misread - Beware

Options
Granadalad
Granadalad Posts: 41 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Just had a bill from EON after they read my meter showing 250% increase in electricity consumption. My digital meter has one display, but pushing button cycles display through "total consumption", "night units component" and "day units component" (these latter two adding up to the first). Error is they read "total consumption" and called that the day units.

To their credit EON swiftly acknowledged this over the phone and will amend the bill, although I had to request they stop proposed crazy adjustment to size of direct debit.

So watch out for this error. Just because it's an offical reading doesn't mean it's right.

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Granadalad

I'm sorry we messed up your meter readings but glad this has been put right.

You are doing exactly the right thing in keeping an eye on your meter.

Mistakes do happen and the quicker we know about a problem the easier it is to sort out before it becomes a nightmare.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure