PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Options

Comments

• Gilla_2
    Gilla_2 Posts: 13,228 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've asked before but that doesn't stop me asking again; I wonder if there's any chance that the thanks and entered/skip buttons can be at one end of the thread of buttons, I don't mind which end, what do others think

Very good idea.

:j
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot
    :hello: Good Luck everyone !:hello:
  • bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    if it's not too complicated, the ideal would be tick for done, skip for something you want to go back on later (perhaps ie comp not loading) and X for not interested in :j
    thats sounds like a fab idea :T
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • Zandoodle
    Zandoodle Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    HateLPG wrote: »
    Hoping that one of the MSE Comps Forum team read this.......

Further to my earlier post, the cherry on top of the icing on the cake would be to also have a skip button on the FORUM THREAD INDEX itself.

As is highlighted in the comping guide, I can't see any point in entering competitions which have prizes I am not interested in or for which I am ineligible. But as things currently stand with the (excellent) "skip" button, I still have to open the thread and go the the first post to skip it even though I already know I'm not interested.

If it was possible to add a "skip" button (or checkbox) to each post on the main *index* page, I could quickly whizz through and mark all those I'm not interested in (it would also save on bandwidth and processing all round).

If that was coupled with the "filters" I suggested in my earlier post, the functionality would be awesome :)

Can I just add that I would love this too - would save loads of time as I dont enter things for the sake of it. I only enter things I want to skip quite a few. Its a pain clicking into a comp just to red x it. Thanks
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just a reminder to send any requests eg merges to ALL board guides, not just one, and CC them all in (not BCC) so they're all aware and the first one around can do it.

Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When did that happen???

Does that mean that we type all of their names with a ; between them?
  • OnceUponADream
    OnceUponADream Posts: 16,047 Forumite
    Options
    lilias wrote: »
    When did that happen???

Does that mean that we type all of their names with a ; between them?

That's what I just done and I think they all got it - nothing to say otherwise.

Is it not creating more work for them as they will have to click on each PM to see if the merge has already been sorted?

ETA: I normally check to see who's online and send to them, however if none are online I try to spread them out, however admittedly Dalkirst may get more from me as his name is the last I click on when checking their online status
    The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
    :TBig thanks to all competition posters:T
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just a reminder to send any requests eg merges to ALL board guides, not just one, and CC them all in (not BCC) so they're all aware and the first one around can do it.

Cheers for the note.
    I,for one, had just followed the Comping Guide advice.

Can someone just run through how to "CC them all in (not BCC)"

Cheers.
  • OnceUponADream
    OnceUponADream Posts: 16,047 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2012 at 8:42PM
    Options
    weeowens wrote: »
    Cheers for the note.
    I,for one, had just followed the Comping Guide advice.

Can someone just run through how to "CC them all in (not BCC)"

Cheers.

I just added a ; between the names (the names pop up under)

IE: divadee; Glad; dalkirst

ETA: I have no idea what BCC is other than I just noticed a link when sending the last merge.
    The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
    :TBig thanks to all competition posters:T
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 October 2012 at 8:46PM
    Options
    Only time I sent a message to divadee;Glad;Dalkirst one dealt with it and I think the other two were confused ;)

Can everybody send a message to multiple users? I seem to recall I was restricted to sending a message to a maximum of 1 user for ages.

(BCC means Blind Carbon Copy and allows you to send a message to secondary recipients without the primary recipient seeing they have been included in the circulation.)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 October 2012 at 10:01PM
    Options
    I've always followed the comping guide & just sent the merge request to one BG at a time

# 5
    VelvetGlove
    post_old.gif 04-07-2008, 8:56 PM
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure