We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

EON Not enough digit space for details

ANGLICANPAT
ANGLICANPAT Posts: 1,455 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
Half way through my change to EON and Im filling in the third section form which requires my present gas reading preceded by the gas serial number. Problem is , I copied the whole serial number letters and digits off the front of the meter(all in one line) into the form, but the form is obviously expecting less digits and wont accept the last three . Mine starts G4 A , followed by 15 numbers. Do I miss off the G4A ? Or maybe the 2002 it ends with incase that was just the installation date?

Comments

  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Ignore the 2002 at the end - that is the date
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • E.ON_Company_Representative
    E.ON_Company_Representative Posts: 806 Organisation Representative
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi ANGLICANPAT,

    As Premier says, the 2002 at the end of the serial number will be the date, and isn’t too important so I’d attempt again but dropping the 2002 off the end.

    Brian :)
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ANGLICANPAT
    ANGLICANPAT Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Thank you Premier and Brian, that worked fine.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.