Good Advice Sites for having gas or electrical works done

Options
ajd2415
ajd2415 Posts: 3 Newbie
Hi People, I am looking for sites where I can ask questions about the best and cheapest options for having a new hot water only boiler put in.

Our system is antiquated, and we have been told would not be installed now!

We are currently Gas water heater with a pilot light.. not even got electrical suppy to it.

It seems we are only allowed a smaller Kilowatt boiler as a replacement, and that we may have difficulty getting our needs met by only having the one hot water only boiler in our bathroom ( no where else for it to go just now!!)

I need to understand the works involved and want to know the choices we would have, even if they are not many, before committing to having any work done, especially where new electrical supply needs bringing down from the loft..

Ideally want to find a good plumbing gas electrical forum where good tradespeople do not mind sharing advice!!

Comments

• tonytee
    tonytee Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • MidlandsGas
    MidlandsGas Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    ajd2415 wrote: »
    Hi People, I am looking for sites where I can ask questions about the best and cheapest options for having a new hot water only boiler put in.

Our system is antiquated, and we have been told would not be installed now!

We are currently Gas water heater with a pilot light.. not even got electrical suppy to it.

It seems we are only allowed a smaller Kilowatt boiler as a replacement, and that we may have difficulty getting our needs met by only having the one hot water only boiler in our bathroom ( no where else for it to go just now!!)

I need to understand the works involved and want to know the choices we would have, even if they are not many, before committing to having any work done, especially where new electrical supply needs bringing down from the loft..

Ideally want to find a good plumbing gas electrical forum where good tradespeople do not mind sharing advice!!

Here is a good place, a number of trades and larger companies like us post here.

Not sure who has told you that you can only have a reduced kwh boiler installed?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Yes, agree Diynot.com..... get all my work done there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure