We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help Cristening invitaion.

2»

Comments

  • thorpe1
    thorpe1 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Argos are doing christening bracelets for a fiver really nice to i should know got two christenings tommorow bought to ha ha cheapskate I know.
  • dudleyboy
    dudleyboy Posts: 765 Forumite
    Hi

    I asked a similar question back in April:

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=198843

    Hope that helps and have a great day,

    DB :)
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,283
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks so much for your suggestions. I love the apple tree idea, I'll go and checkout my local garden centre and see what I can get.
    The parents are an unconventional couple and would love something tha is a bit different, I'm sure they would love this.
  • I have to say, the apple tree idea is fantastic! I'll save that for the future!
    :eek: What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about? :eek:
    Official "Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)" Member 16
  • Have you considered premium bonds?Might be worth a look,I've still got a £2 one from 1975,still hoping for the big win!!!!!

    Curlyfairy.
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    curlyfairy wrote:
    Have you considered premium bonds?Might be worth a look,I've still got a £2 one from 1975,still hoping for the big win!!!!!
    Curlyfairy.
    Unfortunately the minimum purchase for Premium Bonds is now £100 and out of the reach of a DFW. You used to be able to buy them singly, but not for many years now.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • curlyfairy
    curlyfairy Posts: 143 Forumite
    Sorry about that,shows the last time i bought any.What about starting a savings account say with £15 and then others can add as and when.I like the idea of the tree too.

    Curlyfairy.
  • cmorlife
    cmorlife Posts: 19 Forumite
    Hi, I got a hardback fairytale book from car boot & wrote meaningfull words inside cover
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,283
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've had an idea about this Christening gift.
    The mum want's to buy a playpen off me. I was wondering if it would be Ok to give her it a gift. I know its not conventional but she was going to pay me for it. So instead of getting money from her and buying a gift with it, I could give her the playpen as the gift. Do you think this would be OK?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.