Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Bear adoptions

Options
HGLTsuperstar
HGLTsuperstar Posts: 1,904 Forumite
Does anyone know of any organisations/rescue centres etc where you can buy someone a bear adoption gift. Things like adopt a tiger seem ten a penny but I need a bear scheme, ideally a black bear but failing that a brown/grizzly or polar would do.
Thanks in advance
Holly

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can do a polar bear through WWF, but I found a brown bear here. And here. And some of these look black, but they're American (that sounds awfully racist but it's not intentional!)

Actually this is getting silly. did you google 'adopt a black bear'? Because my first results are from 'adopt a bear', but then I added black, and still got plenty of results.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Mr.Mulla
    Mr.Mulla Posts: 448 Forumite
    Options
    This actually sounds funny.. :D
    There are good links when you google, but the links above are good ones too :) One World Wildlife looks good:o
    Mr. Mulla
  • dalsicle
    dalsicle Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2010 at 6:12PM
    Options
    How about moon bears (the ones that are farmed for their bile in Asia) there are lots of these cruel centres being closed down and the bears are being rehabilitated and taught how to be normal bears again.

https://www.animalsasia.org/shop/giftshop.php

Through that site you can befriend a bear and have a number to choose from and can also sponsor tubs of raisins or pots of honey, the treats used to help teach them to live again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure