🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Balance Transfer to make - go with GE Money or Natwest?

Options
humfer
humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
Planning to transfer about £5k of my Post Office card in the next couple of months to another card. Was planning to go with the GE Money card as it seems for longest available (12 months) with a capped fee. However after reading Martin's column and various threads saying how picky they are, am I better going straight for something like the Natwest card, which although is only 9 months, it is still capped and I'm probably more likely to get accepted easily? Currently also go 2 0% purchase cards on the go at the moment, but one will be paid off next month. Not sure how that would go with GE Money? Not good I would imagine

Comments

• humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    Options
    .............bump
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I dont think NatWest will charge you a fee if you are a current customer, so that may come into it if you have an account with them.

Also worth noting - they will search Experian and Equifax, GE Money just Experian. Therefore, might be a bit better chance of getting the NatWest if you have applied for other cards recently (unless one was a Barclaycard).

Also, seems that GE have rejected quite a few people on here.
  • coolcol1
    coolcol1 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    hi
    i got ge money 12 mths-0%-with the transfer fee-i aint got great credit.

at 0% there all cheap-go for no transfer fee (i.e.2%or2.5%) on balance

transfers first,..........but also consider 12 mths is good.
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does GE money have a cap on the transfer fee? The NatWest one is £49 maximum.
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    I went through Quidco for £15 and also it is true if you have an account there is no fee!
    Help me to help you :santa2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family