6 months plus travel insurance for the over 60's

Options
Hi my parents are thinking about going to europe for 6 months. My dad is 63 and mum is 60. They are looking for travel insurance. Dose anybody know of any good insurance companies. Thanks

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome to the boards!

The best place to start might be Martin's articles, and the links to threads within them.

Also note there's been some adverse publicity for EHIC Plus, if they have pre-existing conditions that one might be worth avoiding ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • stagey_2
    stagey_2 Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Welcome to the boards!

The best place to start might be Martin's articles, and the links to threads within them.

Also note there's been some adverse publicity for EHIC Plus, if they have pre-existing conditions that one might be worth avoiding ...

Hi - I assume you are referring to the EU Health card - both my husband and I are over 65 and am curious as to what the adverse publicity is and to avoid if one has pre existing conditions - I've looked at the article but cannot see any reference to this particular issue - thanks.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    stagey wrote: »
    Hi - I assume you are referring to the EU Health card - both my husband and I are over 65 and am curious as to what the adverse publicity is and to avoid if one has pre existing conditions - I've looked at the article but cannot see any reference to this particular issue - thanks.
    EHIC Plus is nothing to do with the EU Healrh Card except that the company are hoping that people think it is.

From their website...
    ЄHICPlus is a travel insurance policy arranged by The Medical Screening Company Ltd.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure