Newbie to PPI claiming has a couple of questions

Options
Hi all , i have 3 policies that i want to claim my misold PPI, my question is am i better to use a company or is it easy to do it yourself?
Are there letter templates i can use
The companies are , Welcome, Swift Finances and Brighthouse
Would be really grateful for some tips on how to get started
Thankyou so much
Karen x

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all , i have 3 policies that i want to claim my misold PPI, my question is am i better to use a company or is it easy to do it yourself?
    Are there letter templates i can use
    The companies are , Welcome, Swift Finances and Brighthouse
    Would be really grateful for some tips on how to get started
    Thankyou so much
    Karen x

Hi Karen

I would not suggest using a claims company, you may have read in a few threads that many have had problems, so personally If I were you I would give it a go yourself - where if successful you will get to keep all what is owed to you, plus interest etc.

What you do is complete Questionnaires on Stage one of reclaiming on the link here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    You sent to each one who set your loans up for you.
    They have 8 weeks in full to respond, also keep copies.

These questionnaires are quite new and issued by the FOS.

You can of course write a simple cover letter if you want to, but these new questionnaires looks like all grounds are covered.;)

Post by recorded delivery for your proof of posting.

Please keep us posted and ask for help anytime, good luck.

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I cannot comment on the validity of your claims per se.

However, if you think you have a case, write to each giving details of account/policy numbers and say you are complaining that the policy was missold.

You do not need it to be sent recorded delivery but get proof of posting (free from the Post Office) and hang onto it.

Each will have eight weeks from receipt of the letter to get a final response into the post to you. If they do not, or you are not satisfied with it, you can go to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

The Financial Ombudsman Service will assume the complaint was received two working days after it was sent by first class post (so if you have heard nothing, the proof of posting will be important).

Bear in mind that only have to get the response into the post within eight weeks - so allowing nine weeks from complaining to going to FOS in the absence of a reply is about right.
  • karenscollie
    karenscollie Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou so much :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business