Intelligent Finance ISA's

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
21 replies 5.7K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Help! We have tried to open I.F. ISA's both by phone and via web site but they do not answer or respond.
Anyone found a solution?

Replies

• Norman-BNorman-B Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie, I have had to complain to IF about the lenght of time they take to answer the 'phone recently. The answer I was given is that they are very busy taking shed loads of money because the ISA rate is so good! They take ages to reply to E-Mails but I suggest you hang on in there.
  • FieryBlondeScotFieryBlondeScot Forumite
    520 Posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    hang in there i have found them very helpful on the phone and they answered all my questions sent me all the paperwork and so far i have found them to be great, am jus about to pop my application for a current acct and an isa both at 4.6% in the post to them so shall keep all posted as to how good they are at transferring all my stuff over :-*
  • ffacoffipawbffacoffipawb Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    hang in there i have found them very helpful on the phone and they answered all my questions sent me all the paperwork and so far i have found them to be great, am jus about to pop my application for a current acct and an isa both at 4.6% in the post to them so shall keep all posted as to how good they are at transferring all my stuff over :-*

Only the ISA gets 4.6%.

The current account gets 2.75% unless you have £1+ in the savings account whence it gets the savings account rate of 4.25%.

Tight fisted IF increased their mortgage rates by 0.25% following last week's base rate increase but are saying that they are not increasing the savings rates.

http://www.if.com/info/rates.asp
  • BlegBleg Forumite
    329 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I found them a bit slow as well when I transferred my toisa from the Abbey. They claimed the sluggishness was from the Abbey end. THe whole process took about six weeks. Compared to what the Abbey had been paying I decided to hang in there. It was a bit frustratling though.
    -Keep your eyes to the sunshine and you would not see the shadows-:beer:
    -Remember your forgetfulness is not my emergency:p
  • amboyamboy Forumite
    386 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I too have opened a IF cash ISA when they were in the bst buys for a few months, interstingly I read that they requested to be taken out of the best buy tables of late as they could not cope with the demand etc, which is why people have not been able to get throught o them.

They also like the person earlier said increased their mortgage rate but froze their ISa rates.

time to look elsewhere
    My Shop Is Your Shop
  • Rochdale_GuyRochdale_Guy Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Yikes ! :o > :(

I opened my Mini Cash ISA online about an hour ago and gave them my bank account details to transfer the £3,000 from when the ISA is up and running.

If they are taking ages, should I move the £3,000 out my current a/c into my ING a/c *NOW* for say 7 days to gain some interest, then move it straight back into my current account ?

Having said that, it takes 3 working days to get it from my current a/c INTO my ING a/c, then it'll take 3 working days to put it back >:(

Hardly worth it for just 1 day in my ING a/c is it ? :(

And, what if "IF" try to take out £3,000 while it's in my ING account ? Imagine the fines/charges I'd get for that :-[ :P :-X :'(
    1.7K Posts
    And, what if "IF" try to take out £3,000 while it's in my ING account ? Imagine the fines/charges I'd get for that  :-[ :P :-X :'(

I meant what if "IF" ( ;) ) tried to take the £3,000 for their ISA out my current account which won't have £3k in ! :-[
  • DiggingOutDiggingOut Forumite
    770 Posts
    I would just call and ask them how long it will take, and if you get interest from the time of application or from the time they get around to processing it.

If you get interest from the time of application, no worries. Let it sit in your current account -- your ISA is still earning interest.

If you don't get interest until they process it, you might ask them why you should sit around and wait for them. Others are paying interest from the time of application, I believe.
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
    1.7K Posts
    Thanks DiggingOut.

I get a bad feeling about this....

I know it was only 2 days ago I applied online for their Mini Cash ISA but I just phoned them up and the guy checked and said none of my details are on screen yet

I asked about will my interest be backdated to when I applied (when my application is finally processed) and he said yes it will, but to when it was received

>:( :-/
    1.7K Posts
    What if it takes them a month to process it ?

I only have the £3,000 @ 0% until 1st Jan.2005 :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals