Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Looking for copyright free images

Hi there - I'm looking for any website that can offer copyright free images for our own website. The more mundane the image the better - even if it's a picture of a fridge!.

Thanks

Impster

Comments

• Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do you have a digital camera or phone with a camera? If so, you could take a picture of your fridge (or whatever) and use that.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • impster
    impster Posts: 144 Forumite
    thought about that - but need very high quality images that can be 'blown up' to 6ft by 6ft!
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    impster wrote:
    thought about that - but need very high quality images that can be 'blown up' to 6ft by 6ft!
    :eek: How big is your monitor?!
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • impster
    15 inch diagonal - why?
  • gooismeid
    gooismeid Posts: 283 Forumite
    There's a website called https://www.artzooks.com that I use for work - they have a huge catalogue of copyright-free images, but you do need to pay them for using the images. However, once you've paid, you can use them wherever and whenever you like and you don't need to give a credit to artzooks for use. I just did a quick search and found a pic of a fridge on white background which would cost you 350 dollars for the ultra-high resolution. There's also a website called https://www.freeimages.co.uk which has plenty of free images, but if you use them then you have to give a credit to freeimages.co.uk wherever you use one of their images. I've never come across an image library that'll give you free pics without having to put a credit line on the image somewhere. The most moneysaving way is to take pics yourself, of course. With a reasonable spec camera you can get a pretty detailed image, but not sure how it would look blown up to 6ftx6ft!
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.
  • impster
    thanks for that - i don['t mind giving a credit - we need to prepare a huge charity banner and most of our money is taken up by getting it printed. It will be suspended from a hot air baloon this summer over various towns. If we can 'get it off the ground' this will be well worth it....
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
  • impster
    thanks for all the helpful posts! Much appreciated! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure