Equifax do not recognise a DRO?!

Options
jenniewb
jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I am going out of my mind with this one!

Basicly I want to join Virgin Media. I was with talktalk but have serious internet connection issues, and my phone has become a fax line when anyone tries to call me. I have had these issues getting worse for the past year, I contact talktalk, the faults team explained to me the problem, I am told to call another number, that number tells me I have no faults and thats it. Been that way for a year and I need to leave!

Virgin did a credit check, told me I was bankcrupt and needed "discharge papers" called "RO1". I have no such papers, I have a debt relief order but no RO1 papers. I called the insolvency team, they said I would never get discharge papers as I have DRO and not an Bankcrupcy. I now how to open an account with Equifax in order to open a claim. Only problem is I cannot see Bankcrucy anywhere on the site. I am now on hold to speak to them....its the second call I have made to them today and its getting on for 40 mins on hold. WHAT DO I DO! I can barely afford this and its even my fault!

Is there any way I can claim back the phone call? (probably £20?)

I am not sure how to handle this, has anyone got any advice?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport