We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Calculating Holiday Entitlement for a payment in Lieu
kinada
Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi
Ive just been made redundant after 5 years with my practice.
Our holiday period runs Jan 1st to December 31st. I have a holiday entitlement of 25 days ex bank holidays per year.
My question is (hopefully someone can help me with my query) I am due to leave on 11th July 2010. Should my holiday entitlement include the 11 days of July I will have worked (equals 1/2day)?
It may be petty but every little helps.
Thanks
Ive just been made redundant after 5 years with my practice.
Our holiday period runs Jan 1st to December 31st. I have a holiday entitlement of 25 days ex bank holidays per year.
My question is (hopefully someone can help me with my query) I am due to leave on 11th July 2010. Should my holiday entitlement include the 11 days of July I will have worked (equals 1/2day)?
It may be petty but every little helps.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
AIUI holiday acrues up to the termination date.
That should be prorata including BH.
Note that for redundancy with PILON the notice period counts towards service so if close to 6 years add another week to the 5 weeks.0 -
Depends what's in your T&C's. We only accrue leave for whole months worked, not part months so July wouldn't count.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
0 -
sagalout1954 wrote: »Depends what's in your T&C's. We only accrue leave for whole months worked, not part months so July wouldn't count.
Anyone know if this is valid for statutory holidays?0 -
Accrued but untaken statutory holiday entitlement upon leaving employment is calculated to the termination date (not the month).
See s.14 of the Working Times Regs.0 -
Hi Mariefab.
Do i recognise your username from another site (CAG) ?
JOANNE0 -
Hi joanne
Yes, I've been a Cagger for a while now.
I lurked around here for a few months before posting. There are a lot of very knowledgeable posters in these parts.
marie0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
