🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Yes car credit please help

Options
Hello im writing today to find out whos acting on behalf of yes car credit have done some research on them on google but i cant seem to find anything i found someone post and they said Stephensons Solicitors is acting on behalf when i phone them the phone line seem to keep being diverted.

I need to find out my policy number with yes car credit to try and claim back PPI charges i don't really understand all of this and can't do it my self so im going through a company called " paymentprotectionrefunds.co.uk" any good?

I also had a loan with natwest i phoned them this morning and they said they couldnt give me any details over the phone which i thought was a bit odd so i have to write to them!

So the main issue i am placed with is yes car credit, when i took out the credit i didnt even know the company was for people with bad credit, if i knew that back then i would of gone with a better company as my credit rating was pretty good back in the days!

So if anyone knows about yes car credit or whos acting on behalf of them so i can get my policy number that would be great!

I know ive gone on a bit but i just need a little help

Thanks for reading my post
Mark

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hello im writing today to find out whos acting on behalf of yes car credit have done some research on them on google but i cant seem to find anything i found someone post and they said Stephensons Solicitors is acting on behalf when i phone them the phone line seem to keep being diverted.

I need to find out my policy number with yes car credit to try and claim back PPI charges i don't really understand all of this and can't do it my self so im going through a company called " paymentprotectionrefunds.co.uk" any good?

I also had a loan with natwest i phoned them this morning and they said they couldnt give me any details over the phone which i thought was a bit odd so i have to write to them!

So the main issue i am placed with is yes car credit, when i took out the credit i didnt even know the company was for people with bad credit, if i knew that back then i would of gone with a better company as my credit rating was pretty good back in the days!

So if anyone knows about yes car credit or whos acting on behalf of them so i can get my policy number that would be great!

I know ive gone on a bit but i just need a little help

Thanks for reading my post
    Mark

Hi Mark
    And welcome.

First of all I would like to say "if you don't mind", I would be very careful of using a claims company, and you will find many posts on here and lots having problems.
    They also charge you where if you did have a go yourself with help from this site, you get to keep all your refund.

It seems there are lots of problems with claims companies and some are still waiting 2 years on, so please be very wary of this.

However, if you've no information or paperwork on any of your accounts, you could start by just giving YES a ring, they may supply info free of charge or otherwise you could request a Subject Access Request (SAR).
    There is a charge of £10 cheque or postal order payment, they have 40 days to send all they hold on your account(s).
    There is a SAR letter template here for this request:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553
    If you no account number to give them, check old banking statements, this should be shown next to the monthly repayments.
    Or if you bank online this should allow you to go back 6/7 years etc.

Hopefully YES will provide some info free over the phone for you.

In regards of reclaiming, as soon as you receive your SAR info, or feedback from YES maybe by phone call, they may be able to tell you who is responsible/
    Its normally the ones who set and arranged the finance for you.

There is a Stage one questionnaire to send, these are recommended to complete and send to the one responsible, and issued by the financial ombudsman service (FOS), keep copies.
    The finance company have 8 weeks in full to give a decision.
    You will find the procedures of reclaiming on this link here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Hope this helps, do ask for any further help is required, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family