Letter from Link Financial 1 year after IVA completion

Options
Hi everyone, I completed my IVA just over a year ago and once I'd received my certificate did the post IVA credit file clean up as recommended on the forum. All was well and good apart from a small glitch with Nationwide who didn't update the default date correctly.
So I've been happily debt free for the past 12 months when this morning I get a statement of account from Link Financial showing a balance of £3522.74! I rang them up (witholding my phone number of course) to query it and was told that they are obliged by law to send out statements to all account holders. I explained about the IVA completion and he said that there was a note on the file that it was "IVA Supervised". They weren't requesting any payment but the account still had a balance and the statement was for information only which they had to send out by law. I asked him by which law he was referring to and that was when things started getting a bit nasty.
I know Link are a very unpleasant bunch of intimidating thugs to deal with so I'm a bit worried they are keeping this information about me. I thought under the whole data protection act these things were supposed to disappear after 6 years from default (IVA started in 2003 so that's well past 6 years). Any suggestions on what I should do or am I best to just ignore it?

On another note to everyone currently in an IVA, hang on in there. It is a long hard slog and may feel like you will never see light at the end of the tunnel, but when you do finally finish and get your completion certificate life will certainly seem a whole lot brighter. Good luck to you all. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure