Fed up of waiting for DRO to be processed.

Options
lauren_1
lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
Has anyone managed to get the BR fees from a budgeting loan before?

I am thinking of just going bankrupt instead but a budgeting loan is the only way i can get the fees sorted.

Comments

• dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Options
    Would you be including this loan in your BR?
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
  • lauren_1
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No, its from the social fund and is taken directly from my income support.
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry can`t help you, but hopefully someone will be along shortly who can.
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
  • beentheredonethatstilhere
    Options
    I think that the social fund rules say that you can't use the money for bankruptcy but I am not 100%.

Check out these guys and see if there is any one that can help you

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/grants_search.aspx

Have you worked at all or been in the forces as you may be able to get help from benevolent funds that can help.

Join a your local Credit Union. Some ask you to save a little over a few weeks before they let you have a loan and some have special arrangements where you can take a loan straight away.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • curly04
    curly04 Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    Options
    Don't the engery companies help people on low incomes

I know someone who got their fee from british gas but it took 8 months to get the cheque from them
    Total Weight Loss - 28lb and counting
    AD 17/11/2010
  • missfirefly
    missfirefly Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    You would qualify for a reduction of the fees anyway because you are on income support so make sure you get proof of your IS dated within the month of your BR date.Make sure you request this proof in plenty of time because mine didnt arrive in the post till the day after my BR so i had to borrow the extra money and then reclaim it back which was a nuisance.As for the budgeting loan there is a box you can tick on the application for a loan for paying bills isnt there.Take a look on the DWP.gov site and you can download a application form and all the do,s and donts are listed.good luck
  • lauren_1
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you all, i have downloaded it and have just filled it out.
    I know i can get a reduction but finding £450 is still going to be hard.
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you qualify for a DRO then it seems a bit silly to go for bankruptcy if I'm honest especially if you've got to find the bankruptcy fees by way of a loan etc! DROs are a much better option as the implications are less severe, as well as the fees being lower.
    How long have you been waiting? Is there no other intermediary that can help? CAB? Bains and Ernst? I know CCCS and National Debtline have very long waiting lists are the moment but as far as I'm aware CAB and Bains and Ernst waiting times are much shorter (Depending on the CAB).

You also have to bare in mind that depending on the court you could be waiting a good 6-8 weeks before having your hearing, by which point your DRO should've been processed...
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • elfieb
    elfieb Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    I completely agree with immoral_angeluk.

Also I seem to remember reading on these boards a while ago, that a judge may even reject bankruptcy if a DRO is seen as a better option.
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
  • lauren_1
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I do qualify for a DRO but if it takes any longer I wont be. I have accrued £2k extra just through charges and debt being sold to debt collection agencies and these are adding their own charges too! Im just over 14k now......and !!!!!!!! bricks basically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure