We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Unemployment Insurance
marky.fitz
Posts: 44 Forumite
Hi All
Does anyone know how I stand (or been in a similar position).
I'm in the process of agreeing and signing a compromise agreement once the figures have been finalized. I currently have Unemployment Insurance (through Synergy).
By signing the compromise agreement will this in any way effect whether I am able to claim unemployment insurance (i.e. are there likely to be any clauses hidden away in the terms and conditions regarding compromise agreements and the ability to claim)?
I've been through the small-print and can't seem to find anything.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Mark
Does anyone know how I stand (or been in a similar position).
I'm in the process of agreeing and signing a compromise agreement once the figures have been finalized. I currently have Unemployment Insurance (through Synergy).
By signing the compromise agreement will this in any way effect whether I am able to claim unemployment insurance (i.e. are there likely to be any clauses hidden away in the terms and conditions regarding compromise agreements and the ability to claim)?
I've been through the small-print and can't seem to find anything.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Mark
0
Comments
-
Much will depend on what the company say about the end of your employment. if it is not too late try talking to the insurance company anonymolsly with a hypothetical situation and then ask for that to be included in the compromise agreement0
-
i am in a similar position. What happened with your claim in the end - did you pursue it?:j0
-
Sometimes compromise agreements will state that the reason for the termination of the employment was redundancy. That helps.0
-
Having a compromise agreement will not, per se, void your redundancy policy in the majority of cases - I can't see a situation were it would. The policy will "kick in" upon redundancy (or any other agreed terms within the policy). As long as you can prove that you were made redundant, the policy will pay out.
The compromise agreement will make note of the fact that you were made redundant, but even if it does not that is not a problem. In any event, a compromise agreement is a confidential documents and there will be a term that states you are not to disclose the terms of the agreement to anyone. A compromise agreement should not be relied upon as evidence of redundancy.
All you need is a letter from your employer confirming that your employment has terminated by reason of redundancy. There should be no issues with them providing this letter.I am qualified lawyer, but nothing I post here should be construed as legal advice. I am simply trying to point people in the right direction as opposed to giving them accurate legal advice.
If you think I've been helpful, hit the "Thanks" button!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards