debt help desperate

Options
my husband and i have about 55k in debt. i am currently not working as have four chilren one of which is a new baby. we are currently going through cccs on a dmp but one creditor has passed on our debt to directlegal who are being nasty. on dmp we wont be debt free for about 29yrs should we consider an iva please deperate

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jue and welcome

You are going to need to provide a lot more information to see whether an IVA is suitable or what other options you may have.

How long have you been on a dmp with CCCS? did they suggest an IVA originally? or did they tell you why they didn't feel an IVA was suitable?

Might be worth posting up your income & expenditure statement so we can see more about your situation using this link - http://www.makesenseofcards.com/soacalc.html.
    Also might be worth a read of this guide - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/pdf-iva-guide.pdf

With regards to helping you with the directlegal debt - what is the situation with this debt? in what way are they being nasty?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Charco_2
    Charco_2 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    How long have you been on a dmp with CCCS? did they suggest an IVA originally? or did they tell you why they didn't feel an IVA was suitable?

That's an interesting question!
    Would you ask the wolves to look after the sheep?
    CCCS funded by banks
  • debtinfo
    debtinfo Posts: 7,012 Forumite
    Options
    another question, what do you have to protect, house, job vehicle etc and how much can you afford to pay
    Hi, im Debtinfo, i am an ex insolvency examiner and over the years have personally dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases.
    Please note that any views i put forth are not those of my former employer The Insolvency Service and do not constitute professional advice, you should always seek professional advice before entering insolvency proceedings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure