mcafee site advisor-free site checker

Options
thought this may help - can not have enough security

We test the Web to help keep you safe from spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
http://www.siteadvisor.com/

a good example
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/moneysavingexpert.com?aff_id=0

Comments

• Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I been using this for a few months now, it wasnt until recently Mcafee purchased the compnay thay use to do this. I use it with firefox as an extension
  • caza
    caza Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I also use this with Firefox and have found it to be very useful.
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Had Macafee on my brand new comp and it totally messed up my email and my broadband connection when I did not buy a years sub from them I would avoid them at all cost
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    But this is just a site advisor nothing more, no av, or firewall
  • vinylmusic
    vinylmusic Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :beer: Download it free from::j
    http://www.computeractive.co.uk/freedownloads5/index
    Usually sells for around £18:j

Registration required - Offer valid until 22 September 2006

McAfee QuickClean 2005
    freedownload

medium.jpg McAfee Quickclean 2005 boxshot

Exclusive Computeractive Download Offer - Expires September 22, 2006
    This super-efficient junk-buster, worth £25, helps safely eliminate web and PC clutter without deleting essential information.
    READ THIS FIRST BEFORE DOWNLOADING
    • When you click on Download Now, ensure you override any pop-up blocker
    • Select Save, not Run when the dialogue box appears
    • Read the General terms and conditions before downloading, and note that we do not provide any technical assistance or support whatsoever
    • We strongly recommend you back-up any important files on your computer and that you set a System Restore point (for Windows XP users) before installing the software
    Download time may vary depending on connection speed and volume of traffic.
    Where possible, we advise you try to download outside peak times (peak times
    are between 6pm-11pm evenings and during the weekend) if you want to improve the speed of your download.
    General terms and conditions and license restrictions:
    Online registration required.
    These products are for personal use on only one PC at a time. You may not rent or lease or resell products contained on this download page or use them for public performance.
    Neither the suppliers nor the publisher (VNU business publications) will accept responsibility for any losses or damage resulting from the use of this software, including loss of profit, damage to equipment, interruption of business data or any other damage direct or incidental.
    It is recommended that you back up any programs or data on your hard disk before installing this software. No technical support will be provided from either the supplier or publisher.
    This download offer expires 22/09/2006. The publisher reserves the right to stop this offer at anytime without notice.
    By clicking on the "Download Now" link you agree to these terms and conditions.
    [URL="ftp://Mquickclean:quickclean2005@ftp.vnudownloads.org/mcafee_quickclean2005.exe"]Download Now[/URL]

If you find this useful please click on the "thanks" button below
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
  • theowl_2
    theowl_2 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know if this is a registry cleaner?
  • rhoeds121
    rhoeds121 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    it sure looks like it. was tempted to try this product but need to know if its safe or not? anyone used it?
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    yep, just used it, its safe
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • brinky_2
    brinky_2 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    The McAfee is fine. If you change the number 5 in the original URL there are several programs to download

e.g. https://www.computeractive.co.uk/freedownloads3/index etc

one of the programs is registry mechanic which i have found really useful.
  • richyrich7
    Options
    I've just installed it.
    It seems just to be a glorified disc clean up program works ok tho' , big down side it also installs McAfee Security centre, which then tells you about all their other products LOL , also if it does not recognise your own anti virus/ firewall software leads you to believe that you may be exposed to various threats.
    Dont think I will keep it
    If you install please do create a system restore point if using XP.
    Thanks to OP for the good link I'm sure some people will benifit, but if you want a cood cleaner then I use CCleaner
    " CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :) " visit https://www.ccleaner.com for more details and best of all its totaly free.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure