New Post Advanced Search

Holiday to egypt

10 replies 1.4K views
Angel777Angel777 Forumite
913 posts
I am looking for a 7 night holiday to Luxor,

Flying from manchester on 28th Aug - 4th sept.

Not flexible with dates.

we are looking for 4-5 star accommodation and a bungalow/suite compared with a normal room as we need the space!

2 adults 1 child age 8

We have been to travel agents and looked on the net and getting prices of between 1000-1400 half board. There are 2 veggies therefore thought that hb or b and b would be better

I would be very grateful for all suggestions and ideas of which excursions to do and where to go etc, Thanks!

Replies

• black-saturnblack-saturn
    13.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's any help I'm going to Cairo with 2 children in December and I've found that First Choice had the best rate for there. Don't know if it's the same for Luxor.

Also if your planning on going on a trip to Cairo to see the pyramids they charge a lot of money for these. It is sometimes cheaper just to stay in Cairo.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Angel777Angel777 Forumite
    913 posts
    Hi black-saturn, thanks we are looking to get flights to Cairo to do the Pyramids when we are out there. The reason we chose Luxor is because there are some things to see there too.

I will definately check out first choice, i would rather go with a well known tour operator than someone like Medholidays as i have had read some bad reviews about them.
  • saveapennysaveapenny Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Le Meridien Luxor ,
    Luxor, Egypt
    Operator: Panorama Holidays
    Hotel rating: QQQQQ
    Board type: Bed and Breakfast
    Room type: 1 x STANDARD ROOM
    Arrival: 28-Aug-2006
    Departure: 04-Sep-2006

Monarch
    Outbound
    Departing: 11:45 on 28-Aug-2006
    To: Egypt - Luxor
    Arriving: 19:10 on 28-Aug-2006
    Return
    Departing: 20:10 on 04-Sep-2006
    To: Manchester
    Arriving: 00:05 on 05-Sep-2006

Passengers
    Adults: 2
    Children: 1
    £1102
    https://www.panoramaholidays.co.uk
    they have some 4*HB for about the same price
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
    6.8K posts
    Jolie Ville Movenpick Luxor 5T
    Duration 7 nights
    Board Basis Bed & Breakfast
    WITH WWW.THOMSONHOLIDAYS.CO.UK
    £1212 no flight meals on this one and there is a £100 off voucher floating around if this ones ok ...Its on the 30th from Manchester
    913 posts
    Thanks Saveapenny, i have checked panorama but the flight gets in too late.
    I am looking to get the earlier flight, i think cosmos have that available.

Will keep checking!
    913 posts
    That sounds good but school starts on the 4th!

So we need to be back for then.

:)
    6.8K posts
    Iberotel Luxor 4*HB
    WITH https://www.freedomdirect.co.uk

Located in Luxor city centre on the banks of the Nile, Iberotel Luxor is close to the famous temple of Luxor. With its warm and friendly atmosphere, Iberotel Luxor ensures guests can spend wonderful days in its terrace gardens leading down to the unique floating restaurant. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please advise your clients that our local agent, Midland Travel, are available throughout their stay in Egypt, whether transfers are booked or not. Their signage and reps can be clearly seen in the arrivals area at the airport. Iberotel Luxor re-opens on 1st November 2005 after a full renovation of the following areas: guest rooms, bathrooms and balconies; lobby area, main restaurant, Italian restaurant, Oriental restaurant, and bar; swimming pool and surround

£1045.76
    or

Pyramisa Isis Luxor 5*

Isis Hotel is one of the biggest and most popular five stars hotels in Luxor, and it has been fully renovated during summer 2004. Isis Hotel is built on 28 acres of subtropical landscaped gardens directly on the Nile, in the middle of the shopping centre of Luxor, and only a few minutes walk from the famous Luxor Temple (approx. 2200 metres). With its numerous outlets and superb services, Isis Hotel is the ideal choice not only for leisure travellers, but also for conferences, meetings and incentive groups appreciating our large capacity, experienced staff and extensive banqueting facilities

Junior suite
    Half Board £1098.73 or JR S AI £1263.00

Sheraton Luxor Resort 5*

The Sheraton Luxor Resort lies on the east bank of the River Nile, built into 8 acres of gardens. It is an ideal base from which to explore the city of Luxor with its exciting history and monuments

HB Bungalow Garden view
    Half Board £1059.72

Le Meridien Luxor 5*

Le Meridien Luxor is ideally located in the heart of the tourist district in Luxor, the city of ancient treasures and cultural heritage. The hotel offers 302 bedrooms and suites, most overlooking the Nile, and has the largest ballroom in Luxor and upper Egypt, catering for up to 1000 delegates. There is also a wide range of leisure facilities and guests are free to enjoy a superb leisure centre with an outdoor heated swimming pool, and savour oriental, Italian and local cuisine in our Tarbush, Casa de Napoli and Nubia restaurants.

Half Board £1126.52

Sonesta St George Luxor 5*

The Sonesta St. George Hotel is only minutes away from Luxor Temple and Luxor Museum and in the centre of the city’s shopping district. Settled in a modern seven-story building with a stucco facade. Featuring bay-shaped iron balconies and lower-level terraces, overlooking the Nile River.

Twin room
    Half Board £1175.55

You would have to get a taxi from the airport with these but freedom can book it for you or you can get your own when you get there
  • Monday, 28 August 2006 09:00 Manchester (MAN) COS
    16:15 Luxor (LXR)

Monday, 04 September 2006 17:30 Luxor (LXR) COS
    21:15 Manchester (MAN)

New Winter Palace 5 stars, Luxor
    Bed & Breakfast
    Total £1172 including flight meals and transfers

Hotel reviews
    http://www.holiday-truth.com/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/5487/New%20Winter%20Palace%20Hotel/

Or with same flight as above

Sonesta St George 5 stars, Luxor
    Bed And Breakfast
    Total £1187 including flight meals and transfers

Hotel reviews
    http://www.holiday-truth.com/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/2956/Sonesta%20St%20George%20Hotel/

https://www.holiday.co.uk
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
    913 posts
    Both of the above are great after reading reviews on the holiday truths site.

We are looking to book within the next 2 days.

thanks for your help. Any other tips would be appreciated as in what to see/ what not to see when out there.

:)
  • Of these two would recommend the Winter Palace, as it faces the Nile where the cruise ships come in (it used to be King Ferouks winter palace hence the name and is very plush). We stayed in Le Meridian which was fabulous also, and I would definately recommend.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support